1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Pope to Resign

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bram, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Just on the news. Pope Benedict is to resign effectively on the 28 of February 2013. Never happened before.

Thoughts?

2. Don't care about it, I just say all we would be better without religions!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bram

Bram

Amen to that :)

Still weird that he resigns. Hasn't been done before apart from some pope in the middle ages.

4. Maybe he's fed up with all the kiddy fiddling that keeps coming to light in the Catholic Church and the many, many cases that don't get made public, if that is the case he should stay and sort it out instead of running away or maybe he has been blocked from doing the right thing. Either way the world would be much better off without the Religious crap that people use justify there actions or to hide behind.

5. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

• Like Like x 2

6. Tim Minchin is a god.

Pope resigns? Interests me as much as if it will rain in Cambodia or not.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

It's forecasted a bit of rain on Wednesday night and Thursday in some small areas of Cambodia! Other than that, sunny and over 30 degrees C :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

It actually happened before, like 800 years ago - then again, the next pope will not change anything either. :D

9. It will be interesting to see who replaces him. Wonder of there are any more Hitler's youth among the high clergy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bram

Bram

That Hitler Jugend story has always been a cheap shot to use against people. Kids didn't make a choice to join that movement in 30s and 40s because of political / nazi believes.

Was just as common as joining a sportsclub nowadays. Social gathering and doing stuff together. Kids aren't evil, some adults are.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Yep, it's the same as send kids to church, they just do what their parents say to do.

12. Yep definitely a cheap shot against a man who ruled the biggest pedophile organisation in the history of mankind.

13. Thing is you get the same sort of indoctrination out of both. Even if he didn't choose to be a youth some of that sinks in when you're forced to go along with it for so long. Remember this guy wanted to bring the mass back to Latin. That was done in olden days to keep the word from the "unworthy" laymen who couldn't afford to learn it. You think Sunday mass was boring before? Try it in Latin.

14. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  15. I love religious people.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Frankie Boyle rules, if you haven't seen him go look on YouTube, one of the funniest Comics there is.

• Like Like x 1
  17. [​IMG]
    6 Hours after the announcement. Awesome picture.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lol funny enough the concept of the Pope's "infallibility" was the first thing to raise flags to me as a kid. I couldn't believe that people actually think putting on the ring and hat magically makes you infallible. If I remember right Pharaohs and kings in the ancient world used a similar indoctrination on their subjects...

And the Banana video, Rofl. Fun fact: monkeys in nature don't open bananas from tab, they pinch the soft end on the other side. Makes opening slightly un ripened bananas easier =)