Pop Up problem

Yves Larose

Premium
Hi guy's,

i have a friend that have a pop up problem, i deleted all the malware programs and cheched the processus and nothing suspicious is running but i still get pop ups. i'll use RD as an exemple so when i'm on the site and i want to go in a sub-forum and click on the link a new tab open and it does that 3 times before i can access the sub-forum or a thread and it does that on all the sites i go to. the pc is running on Win 7 Pro and it uses Chrome and to be clear it also does it with IE.

anyone knows how to solve the problem ?

thanks

First thing that gets on my mind: Scan the system with the latest Virussignatures.
Or: Delete all your browsers, scan the registry with an Anti-Virus Program, and install a fresh browser.
Save your links before you delete the browser.

@Dennis Phelan
For Windows 7:
Find the Google Chrome application you always click on to start the program on the desktop. Right click that, go to properties. In properties under "shortcut" it should say "Open File Location." Click that. That should bring you Google\Chrome\Application. Click on the "Chrome" button on the top of the window, in the directory list. Then click on User Data, then Default. The Bookmarks and Bookmarks.bak files should be there, copy them to wherever you like.

You may also have to enable viewing of hidden files and folders.

However, an easier and safer way to get access would be to export them (Menu=>Bookmarks=>Bookmark Manager, then choose Organize=>Export bookmarks to HTML File) and work on that copy.

It doesn't seem that there is a UserFile or User folder anywhere for Chrome. The latest ones don't have it, at least mine does not. There is no option to export either, but of course I could import it into an unused Explorer. I don't need to do that though, usually I'm looking into my bookmarks to recover one that I've just deleted and there's no place to look anymore. In the past I could do that.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%