• Race hard. Race fair.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor frame rate

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Andreas Knöpke, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Andreas Knöpke

Andreas Knöpke
    Let's drive side by side! Premium

Ratings:
    +296
    Heya,

Am I missing something or does anyone have a tip for me regarding a poor frame rate.

- I got a GTX Titan SLI system but I also tried it using just 1 GPU, no difference.
    - I lowered all the details, almost no difference either

Just 40-70fps.

Any weird settings I haven't tried yet that do the magic trick here? :confused:

Thanks,
    Andy

2. yusupov

yusupov

Ratings:
    +143
    the two i saw mentioned earlier were shadow split & cubemaps. have you tried bumping those down yet?

it is weird, theres like 1-3 graphical features that apparently freaking -nothing- can handle. but once you tune them out its fine.

3. RaceNut

RaceNut

Ratings:
    +536
    I had good results by changing "Pre-render Frames Ahead" in the Nvidia control panel. It wasn't low FPS but, micro-stutters that gave me trouble.

4. yusupov

yusupov

Ratings:
    +143
    what did you change it to? just 1? that setting always confuses me.

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin
    Premium

Ratings:
    +373
    pre render frames to 1 ... this was a pretty old fix , generally for fps shadow split / then simple cube maps , and car shader down a click or two

but you shouldnt be having issues with a titan at all

Andi

6. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium

Ratings:
    +371
    You should have no problems. I am running a GTX 780 @ 5812x1080 and it looks and runs great. There are threads on RD that have gone over the best settings, and the couple settings that take their toll on performance but overall it can look great with no slowdowns.

READ (all of them): "How well does DTM Experience perform on your system?" in the DTM forum.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  7. yusupov

yusupov

Ratings:
    +143
    could you share the settings youve ticked down & to where? same card & running at only 1920x1080 but something was really messing up my frames, suppose it couldve been the microstutter mentioned though.

8. Peter

Peter
    who cares Premium

Ratings:
    +667
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Andreas Knöpke

Andreas Knöpke
    Let's drive side by side! Premium

Ratings:
    +296
    Thanks a lot, fellas. That worked like a charme for me. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Highly appreciated help. :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

• Love Love x 1