• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Poor FPS on certain mods, help appreciated

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Bitten Heroes, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Bitten Heroes

Bitten Heroes

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having an interestingly peculiar issue with my rFactor 1. You see, I just downloaded some recent model F1 mods (Patrick34's 2015 and WCP's 2016 mod) and I have one big problem: every time I race with the AI, I just get an absolutely horrendous FPS performance all of a sudden. And I'm only racing with 11 AI.

The thing is, when I loaded other mods (i.e older released mods, pre-2012 year mods) it works perfectly fine, even with a full grid.

Can anyone help my issue? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

-BH

2. Dinos I

Dinos I

Ratings:
    +24
    Try to lower graphic setups especially shadows

3. Denis Betty

Denis Betty
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,132
    Could this be track related?
    I get vastly different frame rates at various tracks.
    Try the mod on an ISI track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dinos I

Dinos I

Ratings:
    +24
    For sure. High detailed tracks have lower fps. Besides that I've noticed that some tracks updated for RFE plugin also have lower fps.

5. Justin Davis

Justin Davis
    Premium

Ratings:
    +109
    On the Steam version running Win10 I need to go and manually set my processor affinity to all 4 cores otherwise rFactor runs like crap. It's weird because I never had to do that before, but you might want to try that.