Poor edges quality

Hello guys,
Bp
Since I have the game I have been experiencing poor edge quality. It is more noticeable in the cockpit lines and the white lines in the track. It is almost as annoying that i have to quit the game .

I have set antialiasing in game to max (16x) and set the option in my catalyst to defined by application. Also have all video settings to max in game.

Does anyone knows if I have forgotten something? Really appreciate your help

Thanks

sorry alex, one more thing. WHat will take priority between inspector and control panel. If i created a gsce profile for each what one would it use.

Same as if i changed each global preferences?

cheers

Reading about SGSSAA it came to my knowledge that it must be in "sync" with the amount of MSAA that you use, otherwise it will not function well. This means that, if you're using for instance 4xMSAA, you *must* use 4xSGSSAA too. Don't mix (i.e., 4xMSAA with 2xSGSSAA will not work well, same goes for 2xMSAA and 4xSGSSAA or whatever).
Doing some tests, there are situations (tracks or AI numbers) where 4xSGSAA with 4xMSAA can be really heavy on my GTX660, dropping below 60fps, so I'm running with 8xS (Combined: 1x2 SS + 4x MS) without SGSSAA, and the results aren't bad at all, and better yet: always above 150 fps (even more than 200).

hello guys can you show fps through NV inspector?

just to add, alex the inspector works a charm, jaggeies much better. But could push any more than 2x sparse otherwise get drops in replays.

but could run this with smooth 60fps in replays

8xS [Combined: 1x2 SS + 4x MS]

Last edited:
hello guys can you show fps through NV inspector?

just to add, alex the inspector works a charm, jaggeies much better. But could push any more than 2x sparse otherwise get drops in replays.

but could run this with smooth 60fps in replays

8xS [Combined: 1x2 SS + 4x MS]
I use ShadowPlay to display a FPS counter - works for me in all games, I set it and forget it - starts automatically.
900x900px-LL-7d7a37f3_jj.PNG

To be honest, I still believe the 'clamped' .dll file is as good as anything if you can live without the track map. Distant jaggies are gone with no performance hit. Image quality is perfectly good enough to me.

I will try some of the suggestions in this thread though. I have used sparse grid supersampling to good effect in rF2 (4xMSAA + 4xSGSSAA) - excellent image quality but the performance hit was too big for my liking. I'm sure I can run the same settings much more comfortably in GSC on my GTX780.

little bit of testing tonight,
Basically running any higher than 2ss in replays when the dust kicks up will drop the fps to around 30 for a second or two. Since I wanted to get rid of white line jagges. I wouldn't turn off sparce totally and rather left at 2x.

Otherwise my gtx970 could run 22 minis @ Londrina full at 8xss 2x sparse and fxaa (if fxaa even activates in gsc through inspector?) with no dust around the scene.

I noticed what helped a bit was shadow blur turned off. With max shadows this blur is barely noticeable and worth a few fps saved imo.

what I will add vo, GSC running at 8xss and 2xsparce with fxaa and full gfx, is actually quite amazing visually really. I think maybe dust and the FVee needs some optimisations so people could run this game at high AA levels like I just did, and see its beauty! . :)

nite guys happy racing

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back