F1 2013 Poor car response at Monza only?

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi,

I just came out of my third race for Ferrari, at Spa, feeling like the car was super responsive and twitchy and cornered very well. However, coming into Monza, after about 25 QF laps, I came 16th, 4s behind the leader. The car feels extremely sluggish, and the cornering radius seems about the diameter of the Sun compared to the AI. Is it just me?

Edit: Oh, and not to mention I usually use all four flashbacks in the first 45 seconds of the race in GP because of the insane collisions that ensue at every single turn.

Last edited:
Well, after restarting the race twice and spending virtually all day on it in GP, I've finally finished the race in career 6 laps behind on 100%.
Every generation, every car, no matter how much I practice, Monza's just f***ing weird. I don't get it.

you can lose a lot of time in Monza at the corners. if you slow too much it ruins your exit speed. It's a tricky circuit to get right if you keep on the track.

What is your setup? Long gears and low wings should be a base for Monza

Ive been experiencing the same, and have been busy for about 2 months now to find a way to cure it.

I could throw the steer wichever way I wanted with full trhottle and the car just wont step out atall.

What seemed to help, is lowering the graphics settings. That made it a lot more stable. I turned it down from 19x1600 to 1200x1000 and could not believe how much mor responsive the car was.

So I suggest update your graphic card drivers, and play around until you find a satisfying setting.

I'm running on an overclocked R9 290 (not X), and my 7770 could do 60fps on ultra. I think you were just running it a bit slow on the CPU side (that's usually what causes the game to actually slow down, not just skip frames).

Im running overclocked 7800 HD. Somehow I thought that was the reason.

I think the game itself just doesnt run smoothly without vsync on. However, many options on slows down the steering response.

I hope all this is fixed for the upcoming installment.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%