F1 2011 [Poll] Which foot do you break with?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I just recently changed from right to left.

I have driven all my life using right foot braking IRL. So it was natural to do this in games.

So I used the right foot all through F1 2010 and most of F1 2011 (plus other games). Since I moved up from the Logitech DFGT (2 pedals), to the Logitech G27 (3 pedals), I've changed.

I would say left foot braking is uncomfortable with the DFGT, as the pedals are too close together for my taste. However with the G27 I have mapped the brake to what really is the clutch pedal. One day I'll physically swap the pedals, as the real brake pedal has a stiffer feedback.

As it's only been a couple of months, I still have a tendency to over-brake, as my left foot has not fully adapted to the subtle movement/feel my right foot is already well trained to do.

I was surprised how quickly I got used to it though, and I like it.

Kristian if you using a G27 then I can imagine that you may use the clutch pedal (because it's a bit softer) to brake but the throttle pedal to brake? :confused: That is just too soft and then you have to use one of the hard pedals to the throttle. Brake requires much more control which can be done on stiffer pedals.

Kristian if you using a G27 then I can imagine that you may use the clutch pedal (because it's a bit softer) to brake but the throttle pedal to brake? :confused: That is just too soft and then you have to use one of the hard pedals to the throttle. Brake requires much more control which can be done on stiffer pedals.

I don't remember saying I'm using my throttle to break? o.O

I'm making a poll to see with which leg people break. I use the break pedal to break and the throttle pedal for throttle. And the Clutch is way too soft for a break pedal anyways. :D

I don't remember saying I'm using my throttle to break? :confused:

I'm making a poll to see with which leg people break. I use the break pedal to break and the throttle pedal for throttle. And the Clutch is way too soft for a break pedal anyways. :D

I didn't meant you are using it. I wanted to say to think about it.

Anyway your thread will be interesting in a game where people use clutch too. In F1 it's really unlikely that someone will use his right foot to brake.

I'm stressed Kristian :confused: IRL there were only two drivers braking with their right foot - Barichelo and hmm I don't remember who was the second :D

I know. But it's better for me. It's easier. I'm used to the real cars soooo that's why I'm braking with my right leg. When I drive a kart for example, I have no choice but to use my left leg and it's nice there. I get the feel with the left leg. But on these pedals, I get the feel only with the right one. :D

excuse my pedantic post but....

Its brake or braking not.
break or breaking.:geek:

If we let this type of spelling slip through we will next be taling of tires vs Tyres. Ok its acceptable in Nascar or Indycar threads.

As in taling vs talking? ...... Sorry I couldn't resist ;)

However we are in a forum where UK English is often not a user's 1st language, but we understand the meaning never the less.

I don't think I would be quick enough to use my right foot in my main game which is F1 2011 at the moment.

Some circuits, like Suzuka, Silverstone, India, Nurburgring, Hungary, probably more, need split second braking and acceleration. I can't move my foot that fast.

Left foot. I had some problems with braking until i started to realise i'm keeping right foot on the throttle slightly while under braking making it much less effective. Sometimes it is difficult thing to switch especially if you're driving manual car IRL.

excuse my pedantic post but....

Its brake or braking not.
break or breaking.:geek:

If we let this type of spelling slip through we will next be taling of tires vs Tyres. Ok its acceptable in Nascar or Indycar threads.

Yeah, I got corrected by 1 American friend just after I posted it. I'm sorry, I know my English isn't very good, but I can't do anything about it at this point. I've learned it around the Internet and I haven't had any teachers and such sooo... :redface:

Yeah, I got corrected by 1 American friend just after I posted it. I'm sorry, I know my English isn't very good, but I can't do anything about it at this point. I've learned it around the Internet and I haven't had any teachers and such sooo... :redface:

Its cool buddy, just me trying to be funny.
I do the same when I hear on TV people talk about giving 110% effort, which of course is not possible as if they are capable of that effort then it is actually 100% only.
As per-cent means out of 100. So you cannot give 120 out of 100 except perhaps in the case of a military jet which can measure thrust as % of dry thrust and in reheat (Afterburner mode) can give 120%. But its not of a possible 100% but of normal military thrust @100.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%