• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

POLL -- WHEN SHOULD WE SWITCH TO F1 2017?

Discussion in 'XB1 | F1 2017 Championship' started by Rob, Jul 31, 2017.

1. August 27th (Spa)

13.3%
  2. September 3rd (Monza)

73.3%
  3. September 17th (Singapore)

13.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +3,006
    F1 2017 Release date: August 25, 2017

2. Matthew Booth

Matthew Booth

Ratings:
    +2,669
    Id aim for Monza or Singapore. Dependent on online multiplayer actually being bug free & no connection issues :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,511
    Never! This game is the BEST!

lol - just kidding.
    For me it depends on a number of things, but provided there are no bugs and the game is released on time I think Singapore or later would be best. Monza is a great place to switch due to the simplicity of the circuit, but it's just too soon after release day to get all the questions answered regarding connections and bugs and whathaveyou.

• Haha Haha x 1
  4. Gareth Jones

Gareth Jones

Ratings:
    +678
    To contradict myself in my Hungary thread post I went for Monza IF the multiplayer is solid on release and for general curiosity. The Singapore race is on the 17th August btw.

5. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,198

17th September ;)..

No way of knowing if it's stable for league play unless we test it properly with as many of us getting on together to put in a few 50 % race races. But if the consensus is to go early and race blind then so be it, I just prefer to be properly organised and know what we are getting, that's how this league had always been run.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,006
    Testing is not done with a stopwatch. All you have to do is *do* it. And I have been running in multi-player for three weeks now, with no issues. In fact, I can't remember when we had a fatal issue with 2016. 2015 yes, but that's long ago. I'd say 2016 has been rock solid.

I agree there is no guarantee that something won't happen, but that's true every race. If you are talking about bugs, then I'd say that's probably more reason to switch. For instance, they may have fixed several very annoying bugs, not the least of which being the safety car debacle. That can be found out in 30 seconds. In fact, I'll make sure that's gone before Spa. I can't think of any other bugs which really are bad these days.

As for being assured the game is bug free...we play with bugs now...and I'm sure we always will. If there is something major, all it's going to take is a quick look at thew forums.

7. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,198
    Who said anything about a stopwatch :O_o:. I'm talking about making sure we have all bases covered and don't find things out in the middle of a league race which is why we agreed to give time to test. This game has every chance to be the best yet and relatively bug free on release but it's still sensible to organise some sessions amongst us all first.

I've been in it since the start so have seen more of the things that can happen and there are still some things that needed fixing .. on-track repair of some damage, some lap time issues, progression between sessions and the SC still can get triggered when someone leaves a session. These are the sort of things that we need to make sure are not a problem come release date and doing so with our group of drivers would be the best test.

It's proving to be a very good season as it is so there was no real reason to rush into the swap, especially for those that haven't had the opportunity to run the beta and get some experience with it.. anyone ordering it online may not get it until the following week leaving less time to get in any practice with it which is a little unfair on them.

But like i said before if jumping straight in is what is wanted then then so be it.... as long as everybody has the game of course.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  8. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,006
    Are you thinking of DiRT here? on-track? What kind of damage and where on track?

I'm just saying that we can always slow down, but ten days will be too long, I believe, if it's fine. We will know within a week, easy. But if we don't, we don't have to proceed. It's a win-win.

9. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,198
    Some wing damage was getting automatically and magically fixed on track.. crash into a wall.. damage your wing, get back on track and hey presto... No damage lol That may have been fixed with the last update.

10. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,006
    I think I had that. lol. It was kinda strange. But then again, so was having the default set to "no damage" every time. Today, my fastest at China was a 1:37.564 or close. I was mid pack in the "90%" A.I. (Master). Still had more in it, but you needed the perfect lap. At least for me.

11. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,198
    I couldn't find a lobby to join last night (around 11:30 my time) so only had a quick run out in a practice session of my own. The damage is definitely back on now providing you select it in the lobby settings. Simulation is still too sensitive, it seems any slight touch causes damage (yellow), the next touch worsens it (red) so I think they still have that turned up a bit too high.

I really like the additional levels they have given to the AI between the set standards of Expert, Master, etc.

Were you on Realistic or Equal AI?

I think the next update may include the real liveries. If the game is coming out on schedule it must be going gold pretty soon (if not already) so anything that is discovered in the beta will have to go as an update. We always get a release day update but I reckon there will be more post release as the beta seems as though it is going to go on for a while yet.

12. bigwill369

bigwill369

Ratings:
    +122
    I'll be trading in f1 2016 for the new game on the day it comes out. With all this beta testing we should be good to go for spa. If for some reason there is a big issue in the spa race then just re-race it on another date i say...but at least give it a go

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,006
    I go for spa, but it sounds like the others will not. I will know by sat night

• Like Like x 1
  14. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,511
    Is the release date the same all around the world? Aug 25th?

I remember a few years ago where the US market received the game a few days before the European market. Then the following year the European market received it a few days before the US market.
    I also remember having to DL F1 2013 because they screwed up the hard copy release over here.... can't remember the issue now but it was a good week or so before i gave up waiting for the hard copy. I still hate not having a hard copy of that release. lol

• Haha Haha x 2
  15. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,198
    Unfortunately experience tells me despite the beta testing there may still be a few things to iron out after release. Pretty sure that all the things that are being brought up in the beta now will be going to an update post release. Now whether that is a release day update or the one that usually follows a week or two later we won't know for sure.

Spa is pretty much impossible as not everyone will have it at that point and the non-beta testers will have had no practice at all.

16. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,198
    Need to give others a chance to get some practice with it... Let's be honest we've never run a series the minute a game comes out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,006
    We could have though, for any f1 release but 2015. Shoot for Monza, pushback if needed, but I doubt we will need to.

18. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,006
    Release is same for everyone. I prefer download now, and it was f1 2013 that taught me to.

But there are advantages to disk, namely trade in. And you can get it used, but f1 holds it's value well.

19. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,006
    I'll be a long week unless the game is broken beyond this year's. I'll likely sit out Monza if we run 2016. It's just not that much fun after a wheel on 2017. That's fine though, since so many other games are also better. Plus, we will run smack into project cars 2 if we push Singapore. I'd rather get f1 well out of the way before that.

20. Aidy Tha Man

Aidy Tha Man

Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,

I'm hoping to join an F1 league for 2017 and this looks like one that could suit what i'm looking for. Are there any spaces available for when you switch over to F1 2017?

Thanks.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.