• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

POLL: WHAT CARS SHOULD WE RACE IN A Project Cars 2 LEAGUE?

Discussion in 'Xbox One | British GT Championship' started by Rob, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Group C1

2. GT1

3. GTO

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +3,072
    GTO are mid 90s muscle cars that can run on both ovals and road courses, although in real life, they never ran on ovals. They were part of the old Trans-Am Series, that was mostly in the USA. Some say they remind them of an old school stock car with better handling, which is why they are great for ovals.

Group C1 are the early 90s Prototypes in GT style that were part of the Wold Sportscar Championship. These cars were almost as fast as F1 cars, with a higher top speed. Perfect for ovals and road courses, since they love to go fast and sound great, and strike a balance between GTO and GT1, but are faster than either.

GT1 2000+ FIA spec cars that preceded the current GTE Class. They were not designed for ovals, so they are not really a challenge to drive on ovals, but are not just a walk in the park either, because of their speed. On road courses, they fly.

• Like Like x 1
  2. iLLmaculate0ne

iLLmaculate0ne

Ratings:
    +5
    I think that GT1 could be pretty fun!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +3,072
    GT1 does seem to be carrying the day. They are a good mix between GTO and C1. Less downforce and power than the Group C1 but more grip and power than the GTO class. Also, the GT1 cars have good top speed, like the rest, but the other classes run a bit faster on ovals.

Next question would be, are the A.I. viable enough to include in races? I think on road courses, they are just fine. I race with skill level at 100 and aggression at 85. During my try at the Ginetta Jr. career, I came in 4th in the standings, but threw one race away. But everyone varies.