Poll: Move the racing club forward one hour during summer?

For anyone outside of GMT+1, the racing club times are too late for a lot of us who either work or go to school. If you Brits and others wouldn't mind a slightly earlier racing time it would allow a lot more of us to join in on the week day action. Mind you, it would take a while for news of the time change to reach people who may have already been put off by it sometime in the past.

What do you think?

Edit:

I meant backwards one hour (19:00GMT)
:rolleyes:

Can we have another poll - that the entire world abandon these stupid summertime clock adjustments - its 2012 - we have alarm clocks and little real choice about when we wake up as most people don't work in the fields, or even outdoors anymore and need daylight to get our jobs done - that little problem was solved by a little thing called Electricity - its great you know, look it up on the interweb thingy, amazing discovery.... oh wait if you have the interweb thingy you already discovered it - scratch that...

I personally would prefer if the club times moved back an hour during summer - ie, in winter i'm on GMT being in the UK, then on 25th March the clocks go forwards BST (British Summer Time) and I'm on GMT+1 so am racing an hour later when I prefer to race earlier as a rule as I find often by race time I've got into something else or the extra hour of practice gets me a little bored by race time - mind you, in my case I have to admit I need all the practice I can get..

However, I do appreciate that others may have other commitments and anything has to be for the benefit of the members of RD as a whole so I have voted as flexible - because thats what I am !

Ahh I agree - thats how good RD is got what suits me without even asking, or polling - you just gotta lurve RD !

I think the confusion has been added to by the :
Note that the clocks go back in Europe on 25th March. Club events after that date, including this one, start one hour earlier.

They actually went forwards and all this BST and GMT causes confusion the world over, I remember a few years back it confused the hell out of me and I missed some Battlefield Clan Events because of it...

Blame different DST procedures around the world :(

Anyway, for people in Europe (except Iceland, Belarus and Russia), event start times are constant throughout the year, so you needn't worry about DST.
People in other parts of the world are affected by it. USA changes on a different date. Parts of Australia change on a different date, other parts don't use DST. A big chunk of the rest of the world also doesn't use DST.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 270 13.6%