[Poll] Car selection for an upcoming sports car league

Dennis

RedShift Racing
Before you vote, please consider:
  • Every LMP driver will need to purchase URD EGT
  • No performance/balance changes by us; EGTs will stay the way they are, as provided by Ales
Fairly soon RD will hold its first Virtual Sports Car Championchip, in the spirit of TUSCC. It will consist of four 4 - 6 hour long races, and allow for driver swaps.

For this, we would like to have your input on the car selection. Do you prefer different cars per class, or perfect balance? And are paid cars OK, even if you race in a different class?

Please note that this league is not intended to be a successor or replacement of the VWEC/RDLMS, and will run as a completely separate entity.

More details will be released in the near future.

(hope we didn't miss anyone :D)

@Eduardo Henriques
@Adrián Jiménez
@Adrián Subiela
@Albert Muller
@Aleksi Kivelä
@Alen Pecanin
@Alessandro Lo Manto
@Alexander Krauß
@Alexandre Sene
@Andrés Montejos
@Andrew Ford
@Andrew James
@Andrew Pienaar
@Andy Vandevelde
@Angelo Peter
@Anthony Roselli
@antonio Lopez
@Artur Szykula
@Balazs Orban
@Bjorn de Haas
@Björn Petterson
@Blake Townend
@Borja Ori
@Bram Beelen
@Bram Hengeveld
@Brandon Miller
@Brecht Decancq
@Bruno Melo
@Calum McLure
@Carlos Sousa
@Christian Hengge
@Christian Michel
@Christopher Aponte
@Christopher Vrettos
@Claes Axelsson
@Corrado Conti
@Daiman Patel
@Daniel Hake
@Daniel Lovett
@Daniele Pizzo
@Dave Wild
@David Balado
@David Chaves
@David Gronvalls
@David Nichols
@David O'Reilly
@David Soler
@Davy Lauwereys
@Davy Suffeleers
@Davy Vandevenne
@Dennis Coufal
@Dennis Douna
@Dennis Ronsdorf
@Dennis Visscher
@Dewald Nel
@Diego Fedrigo
@Diogo Silva
@Dominik Talent
@Eddie Hallgren
@Eduardo Henriques
@Emilio Alvarez
@Enrique Verdejo
@Erik Tveit
@Esteve Rueda
@Fábio Assunção
@Federico Soave
@Felix Herbrich
@François Siegwald
@Franklin Stegink
@Frederic Schornstein
@Gary Lennon
@Genci Estebanez
@George Pol
@Gergo Baldi
@Giel de Haan
@Gijs van Elderen
@Giuseppe Di Vita
@Gregory Eyckmans
@Henrik Lek
@Ian Franssen
@Iván Valero
@James Read
@Jan Wim Ensing
@Jari Vinnari
@Jason Lancett
@Jeremy Bouteloup
@Jimi Hughes
@Jimmy Dion
@Joao Fernandes
@Jochen Lenaerts
@John Lach
@Jonathan Perez
@Jordi Slootjes
@Jordy Bonnet
@Jörn Horbelt
@Jos van der Sterren
@José Almeida
@Jose Reina
@Josh Hoare
@Julio L.Voces
@Keith Griffall
@Kelvin van der Linde
@Kevin Cox
@Kevin McDonald
@Kjell Eilertsen
@Larry Thomas
@Lars Brugman
@Lee Allan
@Lee Palmer
@Leon Charmant
@Lou Sytsma
@Luca Bonatti
@Lucio Distilleri
@Maciej Cieslak
@Magnus Dahlgren
@Marçal Bonet Andreu
@Marcel Gerber
@Marcel Offermans
@Marcel Purschke
@Marcel Visscher
@Marcin Bakowski
@Marcin Skrzypczak
@Marco Bijl
@Mark De Vries
@Mark Greenall
@Matej Lakota
@Matt Farrow
@Matt Horst
@Matt Leonowicz
@Michael Labelle
@Michael Mukendi
@Michael Myslek
@Mickael Folcher
@Miguel Balado
@miguel Burgués
@Miguel Castañon
@Miguel Lopes
@Miguel Silva
@Mike Bell
@Miroslav Davidovic
@Nicky De Fré
@Norbert Leitner
@Ole Marius Myrvold
@Oscar Hardwick
@Patrik Saxen
@Pedro Gomes
@Peter Enders
@Peter Varga
@Plácido Coimbra
@quentin Migliorini
@Reinier Hut
@Remco de Wildt
@Rene Reiterer
@Ricardo Edelmann
@Ricardo Torres
@Richard Blokker
@Richard Hill
@Richard Roberts
@Rinus Janssens
@Rob Milliken
@Robin Tol
@Roland Nijl
@Rolf Just
@Roy Magnes
@Rubén Suarez
@Rui F. Martins
@Salvo Sardina
@Segio Mora
@Sergi Rocosa
@sergio Júnior
@Simon Christmann
@Simon Knight
@Stefan Kanitz
@Stefan Woudenberg
@Steph Amiel
@Steven Pubols
@Tamás Fóth
@Tapio Rinneaho
@Teemu Toikka
@Theo van den Brink
@Thierry Chalot
@Tiens Van Zyl
@Tom Enrdes
@Tom Watts
@Toni Durán
@tonio Durán
@Tony DAndrea
@Valter Cardoso
@vicente Fernández
@Wojtek Baran
@Xavier de Carvalho
@Yoeri Gijsen
@Yuri Kasdorp

Voted for URD EGT + single LMP. Urd mod is excellent but sadly its payware so many racers would propably not join this league. :(
Apex moddings GT3 mod is very good but is has issues as well but at least its free so perhaps it would be worth considering if they manage to improve it.

Voted for URD EGT + single LMP. Urd mod is excellent but sadly its payware so many racers would propably not join this league. :(
Apex moddings GT3 mod is very good but is has issues as well but at least its free so perhaps it would be worth considering if they manage to improve it.
Thats why we have the poll. I think beside the URD mod the only alternative are the ISI cars at the moment. The quality of other GT Mods just is not good enough.

@Richard Hill the EGT mod is easier at first, but what I have seen so far the field spreads out a lot more.

But in my opinion you cant compare the BES Mod to the EGT or ISI content. The physics are way off and could be a bit of a trouble using it in an official leauge.
Ah ok, I have to respect your view as I havent driven the paymod and maybe I'm not good enough to feel the shortcomings of the BES Mod. I just like the 911 a lot and its the best one I driven in RF2. Only driven 3. BES, GTE, Apex.

Ah ok, I have to respect your view as I havent driven the paymod and maybe I'm not good enough to feel the shortcomings of the BES Mod. I just like the 911 a lot and its the best one I driven in RF2. Only driven 3. BES, GTE, Apex.
I think the physics are a lot better in the EGT cars compared to BED, but still a bit too much grip. The laptimes are a few seconds faster than they should be.
I think if we have more than 20 or 25 GT sign ups there will be two GT classes anyway.

ISI GTs + LMP :thumbsup:

ISI's got a LMP car? :confused: Want!

I think the physics are a lot better in the EGT cars compared to BED, but still a bit too much grip. The laptimes are a few seconds faster than they should be.
I think if we have more than 20 or 25 GT sign ups there will be two GT classes anyway.

My BED has propper physics :p.
BTW the sec they are faster on a normal lap is not realted to tires or suspension or physics really. It's a drag thing AFAIK.

David you can try the free Vette they released if just want to compare the cars.
It should give you a good impression of the cars overall.

I've voted for the URD cars. Seems like the most people have them and as Stefan said it just is an awesome grid lol. BTW Until September we might also have the URD protos already. 64 bit 17230941092340972491723747 cars on grid :geek:

@Miroslav Davidovic Seems to be a mix of both. On some tracks the top speed matches with reallife, but in Silverstone for example you have around 10kph more top speed. At least with the URD Corvette you are pretty limited to a small band of wing levels, that's actually usable, so you end up with a relatively low rear wing for Silverstone. The laptimes around Silverstone are around 1 second faster then in reallife in Sebring it is around 2 seconds, thats why I think you gain a bit more in the low speed stuff and have a bit more top speed.
Of course there are more parameters involved. Unless we get our hands on proper GT2 telemetry you can't really figure it out exactly :D

I only hope we get the same good driving standards with the EGT mod that we had in last year VWEC. I think you had the same experience like me last weekend :D As I will most probably drive an LMP1 I only hope the GT's behave well :)

i voted for the URD + LMP.

Even if i don't like the URD mod as much as the BES Mod. I just chosed it because i think a league with only 2 cars is awfully boring...

I'd rather like to see BES Mod in a league then the URD Mod. but i would give it a go anyway with or without them.

i voted for the URD + LMP.

Even if i don't like the URD mod as much as the BES Mod. I just chosed it because i think a league with only 2 cars is awfully boring...

I'd rather like to see BES Mod in a league then the URD Mod. but i would give it a go anyway with or without them.
I dont think the second option is intended to be the BES Mod, but the ISI Corvette we used in VWEC 2013, which provided good close racing and was the class with the most cars.

I dont think the second option is intended to be the BES Mod, but the ISI Corvette we used in VWEC 2013, which provided good close racing and was the class with the most cars.

A good point as you said some Posts ago Frederic is the tyre wear of the Corvette, there you really can make a difference and if you compare this to the URD / BES Stuff its kinda a joke. The tyre wear is not really effected by the driving style - at least if you don't lock up all the time.

I would personally like to see only one class in the GTs, maybe its a bit boring in terms of variation but so everyone has the same stuff to work with and we have guaranteed close racing which we don't have if we take so many cars in as theyre not balanced at all.

I don't really know if its the best idea to mix it with LMPs. It is fun for sure if you have the lap traffic to manage but to make this really fun for everyone you also need a huge driver field and tracks where it works - both is not as easy as it looks in my opinion ;)

@April Dillon / @Hany Alsabti missed in the topic? :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 270 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 180 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 181 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 133 7.5%
  • < 5 years