F1 2010 Pole but still getting hammered!

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey guys, I ve currently just finished a season in legend mode in my career. Racing 20% distance. I change my fuel during quali to get me on pole. I start the race stay in front pit and that's when I get robbed. I end up finishing around 8th or so.Why is it the cars in front bilster away at impossible speeds when I ve been consistantly close before I pit. For eg button finished 1 st but with a final time of 46 secs quicker in only 7 or 8 laps. Is this an a.I. thing or is it cos I m fully loaded with fuel for full race distance?Can I change fuel amount before the start of the race or apply a mod to make the racing fairer? I m in the hrt. Crap I know, but if I m getting pole, consistant lap times, I think I should be in with a shout. Or is it just the top teams that get on the podium.Any help would be top, I feel a bit robbed and if that's the way the games made then that's a bit poor.Cheers boovy.

There are a few factors at play here in my view.
-Fuel sim hurts you more than AI cars so you are hurting early.
-AI race pace varies a lot from track to track eg Canada they are slow, also Valencia. Catalunya very fast, also Brazil. You can pit from P1 and return in P24 once the train passes you. On some tracks like these once in front they will run away.
-AI quali and race pace have no correlation. They can be fast in quali, slow in race (Abu Dhabi, Valencia) and the opposite.
-Race Distance: You cant pull a worthwhile gap in a 20% race B4 pitting. EG in a 50% race I will sometimes rejoin still in P1.
-Track, some tracks the AI pace is faster and until you can compete on raw race pace its very tough.
Solutions
-Poss drop fuel sim
-Where you have good race pace vs the AI start on primes, when you pit you will have pulled a gap and will return to fight on options against their primes.
-Where you have poor pace vs AI start on options and try to pull a gap.
-Run longer races, in 50% races you have time to pull a gap and time to hunt them down and pass them.
-Set variable goals from track to track. In season 4 I will expect to win 8-9 races but on some (Brazil, Catalunya) tracks my goal is simply a points finish. In Korea its P5.
Of course it gets easier as your car is upgraded-improved year on year or you change teams/
Good luck, happy racing

Like David said; Try to race 30-50% races or even longer races if you like to, Im running 30% now cuz then im able to out pit the guys behind even though i started from pole. Last race in Silverstone i started on pole with lewis behind me and i had to go in the pits cuz of a flat tire luckily it was just in the last corner and when i got out of the pits lewis was first i was 8th but lewis didnt pit at all he drove the whole race without going in the pits, Watched the replay and he hadn't got in the same round as i did and he didnt pit the next lap cuz i was behind him already the next lap and i was behind him until the finish line, *Made awfully much mistakes* this was on a 20% race with fuel sim and everything on and legend AI so yeah now i've gone to 30% things work out better for me! Good luck mate

Joël

I'm playing on the third difficulty setting (after medium, is it Hard or Pro, or whatever it's called?) with most of the aids on and I can see the poor correlation between qualifying and race day.

I've poled no more than 5 times out of 9, sometimes with as much as 1.5-2 seconds - in a Toro Rosso! But during race day, at the start, I usually lose my leading spot to a Red Bull or a McLaren at the first corner and then they're off for the entirety of the race.

As I said, I've poled 5 times (the other times, I started at 4th, 6th, 10th and 17th - screw you Monaco) but I've only won a single race, and that was in Valencia in heavy rain during the entire race. I turtled the field around the track for 20 minutes. Essentially did a Vettel there (poled and won a race in a Toro Rosso in heavy rain).

Consistently taken points throughout the season, mainly finishing between 6th and 4th, with one 2nd place finish, one win and an abysmal 11th place after a last lap mistake.

Don't know if the fact that I'm using one of them AI mods has anything to do with it.

Ixuz,
Mate you need to start dropping assists as soon as you start winning, it will be more satisfying long term.

Yeah, I'm figuring as much. But then again, I don't think I will be winning until the next season, as I'm being overtaken by the faster cars right now.

Probably getting a better offer post-season and then, some of them assist will go right off.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back