1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Podium Interviews

Discussion in 'PS4 | Thursday Night GT Championship' started by Benjamin McC, Dec 5, 2015.

1. View attachment 113548 The questions are for the podium finishes of Donington
    If you want to ask a question to any driver, feel free to write it in the comments Thank You.

@Dominic Ollivierre
    @Gareth Williams
    @Ben Milden

Hello Donington

What a race we had there

Dominic Olliverre wins his first ever FNGTC race!

Questions for Dominic
    So Dominic how does it feel to be an FNGTC winner?

How did you manage to have the pace you had with the new tyre modelling?

For your fans will you be keeping this pace up at Brands Hatch?

Now we go over to our 2nd place man, Gareth Williams!

Questions for Gareth
    Gareth, well done for 2nd place, do you think this race was an important race in terms of the championship?

How did your car feel during the race? Was there anything you could've done better?

Now we heard you on the radio saying McCluskey was holding you up. Can you give us your reaction on it?

Thank you for your answers and Good Luck for the championship.

We head now over to the other side of the podium to Ben Milden.

Questions for Ben
    Ben, you made some changes before the race. What impact did the changes make on your performance?

We saw you battling with Andrew Holmes. That must've been a tense battle considering you and Andrew are fighting for the Championship. From under the helmet, how was your battle with Andrew?

Your still leading the championship but you say you need another win. What changes need to happen to get an advantage over these two man standing beside you?

And again good luck for the championship.

So there we have it. The top three drivers have give there views on the race.

So for now it's bye from me and we'll see you in 1 week at Brands Hatch.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

Ben, you made some changes before the race. What impact did the changes make on your performance?

Yes that's right I had under steer issues all week and gambled on 1-5 wing and weight balance a click forward, car wasn't perfect but was drive able

We saw you battling with Andrew Holmes. That must've been a tense battle considering you and Andrew are fighting for the Championship. From under the helmet, how was your battle with Andrew?
    Always tense in these races no matter who your fighting I wasn't thinking of the championship at the time only later I realised it was a crucial pass

Your still leading the championship but you say you need another win. What changes need to happen to get an advantage over these two man standing beside you?

Go faster lol but seriously we have a couple tenths covering 5-6 guys so luck is a huge factor. The car is good we've seen that but I need to be better with setup issues

And again good luck for the championship.

Thanks long way to go yet

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dominic Olliverre wins his first ever FNGTC race!

Questions for Dominic
    So Dominic how does it feel to be an FNGTC winner?

I am stoked!!! Couldn't choose a better circuit to make it happen, one of my favorite tracks and the car went quite well here.

How did you manage to have the pace you had with the new tyre modelling?

It was certainly a challenge finding the niche with the new tyre dynamics. I usually struggle with hot lap pace but my strength is in race day character. However, It only came with lots of practice and self belief that I can match the front runners and indeed I did here.

For your fans will you be keeping this pace up at Brands Hatch?

Certainly not a circuit that I fancy however the momentum from donington will probably carry over and I am becoming more and more comfortable with my car each week, unlocking pace in my driving that had yet to be exploited. I expect a podium there once I don't become a victim of the narrow brands!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gareth, well done for 2nd place, do you think this race was an important race in terms of the championship?

Thanks, yeah all the remaining races are important now, got to maximise points from every race and finishing ahead of my two rivals was a good result.

How did your car feel during the race? Was there anything you could've done better?

Erm the car felt decent enough, just couldn't make that final move once got close to Nic, the only thing I could of really done differently was maybe getting higher in qualifying

Now we heard you on the radio saying McCluskey was holding you up. Can you give us your reaction on it?

I don't think it's fair just to say was one person, I get held by like 3 people quite equally, took a while to get by which did cost me a fair chunk of time to ahead and behind, important thing is that none of us crashed out with contact

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ben Milden

Ben Milden
    Premium Member

@Andrew Holmes can you change the name of this thread to podium interviews please dude thanks

• Like Like x 1