podcast of KUNOS (ars ludica website) about future projects

Well the future engine Kunos plans to do sounds amazing to be honest.With that level of hardware support and a full dx11 render engine i can only imagine what can be archived.From advance real time lighting effects that support hdr/bloom/soft shadows/stencil shadows etc.. to advance animation and damage subsystems for trees/grass/spectators/cars etc..And some kick ass weather effects like in f1 2010....
But at the same time as this is a long term project that could easily take from to 2 to 4 years to be finished(look at rfactor 2 -Isi decided to make something special and i am truly glad they are so committed even after they have passed almost 2 years their initial release plan),i believe some work to polish and extend life of netkar Pro is needed.I am talking about polishing the online code so collitions are handled better especially when multiple crashes occur with full grids,some better server finding that is also more stable when people quit or log on,a few updates here and there on animations and generally on graphics and adding a few normal cars.This would satisfy current netkar pro players and definitely bring new blood to the community as most people stay away from netkar pro for the simple reason they are not that much into open wheelers....

And...i know Kunos i have said the same things a hundred times...but really this is what i and many friends of mine that are into sims believe about netkar...I know speaking about development is easier said then done but really spending some time to realize the above will give back tenfold the time you spend to implement those things.The best of lucks!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 392 40.0%