podcast of KUNOS (ars ludica website) about future projects

ok.... i decide to give you some tips about this interview ;)

kunos started talking about his company(gaming and services for teams) and mentioned about a new title on the making, that will be hardcore as always but more accessible to a newbie.

then he talked about STEAM as an ipotetical distribution(also for a possible FVA2 and all past title of KUNOS) and his collaboration at the moment with a F1 team(not Ferrari) for their internal simulator.

after that he talked about:phisics,damage and........IA(studyng process)

just to remember that the next game engine by KUNOS will support 8 core process, KUNOS tyre model, DX11 support....and graphics will see in the next title is already available in FVA.

ok.... i decide to give you some tips about this interview ;)

kunos started talking about his company(gaming and services for teams) and mentioned about a new title on the making, that will be hardcore as always but more accessible to a newbie.

then he talked about STEAM as an ipotetical distribution(also for a possible FVA2 and all past title of KUNOS) and his collaboration at the moment with a F1 team(not Ferrari) for their internal simulator.

after that he talked about:phisics,damage and........IA(studyng process)

just to remember that the next game engine by KUNOS will support 8 core process, KUNOS tyre model, DX11 support....and graphics will see in the next title is already available in FVA.

That all sounds great. Just hope they're not biting off more than they can chew. When you see, understandably, how long rF2 is taking, it makes you wonder in what time frame all this can be acheived.

In any case all the power to Kunos! Looking forward to it for my 40th! lol

Maybe Kunos will get financial backing via the F1 team, after all F1 simracing is a BIG money market these days, and a Studio produced fully detailed netKarPro realise in 4yrs would blow EVERY other title off the shelves, We can only hope.

It's good to know that the future engine Kunos plans will cover all those features! I don't know about steam through.Steam uses a lot of resources on account of bandwith and it could affect the online races.I mean look at modern warfare 1 and 2...On the first game i remember having multiplayer matches with over 40 players smoothly as silk and that on a 1mb download/256kb upload dsl and on the second game that the online aspect of it is handled through steam i often encountered lag with smaller matches of only 12 players !!!!!! and on a much much faster 4mb download/784kb upload dsl..!!!!!!!!!

It's good to know that the future engine Kunos plans will cover all those features! I don't know about steam through.Steam uses a lot of resources on account of bandwith and it could affect the online races.I mean look at modern warfare 1 and 2...On the first game i remember having multiplayer matches with over 40 players smoothly as silk and that on a 1mb download/256kb upload dsl and on the second game that the online aspect of it is handled through steam i often encountered lag with smaller matches of only 12 players !!!!!! and on a much much faster 4mb download/784kb upload dsl..!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't really need to go through Steam, just be available via Steam. Like TDU2, you buy it, install it, and it does it's own thing.

Race works fine through Steam.

A lot of Game Devs are starting to look at steam for hosting, Codies, Bethesda and Activision have, and its all about culling piracy, Valves anti cheat system (VACS) is 2nd to none, difficult to hack and Steam handle updates.
And trying to run a pirated game on steam gets you VACS banned FOR LIFE, from all steam games.

VACS makes you think twice if you play alot of Steam hosted content.

A lot of Game Devs are starting to look at steam for hosting, Codies, Bethesda and Activision have, and its all about culling piracy, Valves anti cheat system (VACS) is 2nd to none, difficult to hack and Steam handle updates.
And trying to run a pirated game on steam gets you VACS banned FOR LIFE, from all steam games.

VACS makes you think twice if you play alot of Steam hosted content.

:cat:

I need an "Don't like" button here!:bad:

Poor pirates, we never have an easy life!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%