Pocono is coming!

It's getting a bit too much ovals and too much US tracks now.

How? In the last year:

Oval
Indianapolis
Thompson
Richmond & Bristol Night

Tour Mod

Road

Mid Ohio
Philip Island
Zandvoort
Brands Hatch
Mosport

Ford Mustang
Ford Falcon FG01
Dallara IndyCar
Corvette C6R

The night tracks are in italics as putting some light sources in & new textures isn't the same as the full laser scanning process. The Jetta was released 1 year + 1 day ago so you could include that in the list too.

Even the up coming stuff

Oval

Dover
Pocono
NJMP - This counts as both really, as it's not a traditional roval.

Street Stock

Road

Oulton Park
Spa
Zolder
Oran Park
Okayama

Mazda MX5
Williams FW31

I wasn't talking about the upcoming stuff :) I find the current package of tracks too much focused on the US. I am fan of European tracks. No biggy, ill just wait for Spa and Oulton (love that track in the good old Toca days)

I wasn't talking about the upcoming stuff :) I find the current package of tracks too much focused on the US. I am fan of European tracks. No biggy, ill just wait for Spa and Oulton (love that track in the good old Toca days)

There are a lot of US tracks, but they focused on that first because that's their largest userbase - now there are a lot more European members they are trying to get more Euro tracks and cars :)

And don't forget Zolder, which was scanned the week after Spa. Aida in Japan and Oran Park in Australia.

I think because iRacing is headquartered in the US and the scanning process is expensive, they initially started scanning tracks close by. If you look at the 20 sims Dave Kaemmer has created he's had tons of European tracks in them, so it's really just about logistics. My guess is that eventually, there will be as many European tracks as American and probably more.

Sometimes there are complications in the licensing process, due to other companies owning the rights or the pricing is too high or they can't coordinate 4-7 days of track time to scan during a non rainy (the best time to scan is also the best time to race) season ect. They said they were in negotiations with Spa for well over a year before they were able to get it signed. I believe Spa (non laser scanned version) was actually in the iRacing beta. I saw a video once by a beta member.

Personally I don't care about the reasons why there are so little European tracks. All I know is that I miss them in the game and that it takes away a little of the fun I have so far. Getting tired of Limerock and all those other uninteresting US tracks.

Silverstone and Zandvoort I have which are great but I never see races on those tracks in my level.

When I first tried iRacing I thought the lack of European tracks or well known tracks like Spa, Suzuka etc would be a turn off but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed some of the American tracks I'd not really raced on before. Aside from the well known tracks like Laguna Seca and Watkins Glen I really enjoyed learning to race on Lime Rock and Summit Point. As Dario pointed out other tracks like Road Atlanta provide good racing. Think of it as a break away from the usual slew of European F1 tracks and a chance to try something new :)

Bram,

something to think about, Road Atlanta and Watkins are in most of the series schedules, I know they are not European tracks but they are really awesome, higly recomended, worth every $

I have driven all configs od The Glena nd Road atlanta in the OLD FAST version where you come crashing out form under the bridge on the very limit of a bad off and its simply mind boggling how exciting a track RA is..

I have also driven all configs of Pocono except the full Oval. The combince north /south is fun but nothing flies like the north infield loop and the oval for a just flat out speed!

Enjoy

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back