Pls help:) I stuck at improving my time

hey guys , really asking for some help.
I'm trying to improve my hotlaping time everyday but I really stuck:( 4 example my best time at Spa with z4 Gt3 is only 2:21.1 and I really can't do better after the hundreds of laps. Please if anyone here has a ghost car or ingame replay video and the setup for any gt2/gt3 car drop me send me to help and learn to be better driver. I would appreciate that and million times thanks to you people in advance

The best lap in "pro rank" on RSR is a low 2:19.

The WR is a high 2:15, but done in multiplayer. There's 2 reason for the high disparity of time.
1. Multiplayer=you can draft
2. Done at air temp of 20 which allow Soft Slick tires to perform better overall.

If OP can do a low 2:20 at 26C at pro rank setting, he can easily get around the 2:18 at lower air temperature such as 20~14C.

Cool theory explaining the gap and all. At the usual making a lot of sense level.

I have one. The 2.19 is a bad lap. 2.15 is a good lap.

Here is a good example when I just cannot understand how on Earth someone is able to break at the starting of the kerbs at the end of the long straight. I break 30-40m sooner. Nope. I HAVE TO, otherwise I end up in the wall...

And after 400-500 lap I still don't understand how can someone go through Eau-Rouge almost with full throttle. With this Z4 Gt3 my highest speed was appr. 200. Tried several setups and no matter what entering angle, point...

Here is a good example when I just cannot understand how on Earth someone is able to break at the starting of the kerbs at the end of the long straight. I break 30-40m sooner. Nope. I HAVE TO, otherwise I end up in the wall...
I brake just before the curb starts. I think part of the secret is trail braking, you need to be able to hold the brakes into the apex of the first corner which is hard when you're braking hard off a straight. Eau-Rouge is all about the correct line, I found the apex of the second kink (don't know the names of the corners) is later than you'd think, you almost have to drive around that kink before you turn in for the corner at the top of the hill.

Here we have a real BMW Z4 GT3 driving SPA, I work out the lap time to be 2.19.??, but he's probably doing that lap after lap. Notice how rough it is and how he goes wide on some corners.

So considering everything, AC is fairly accurate with it's times when a professional driver can do those lap times during an endurance race.

Here we have a real BMW Z4 GT3 driving SPA, I work out the lap time to be 2.19.??, but he's probably doing that lap after lap. Notice how rough it is and how he goes wide on some corners.

So considering everything, AC is fairly accurate with it's times when a professional driver can do those lap times during an endurance race.

The times aren't really that close...in real life they do low 2:18s at best in qualifying, in AC the fast guys do low 2:15s. Three seconds is a rather large difference.

The times aren't really that close...in real life they do low 2:18s at best in qualifying, in AC the fast guys do low 2:15s. Three seconds is a rather large difference.

In F1 2016 at Spa for example the fastest in qualifying was Nico Rosberg with 1:46.744 and in the race his fastest was 1:51.746, don't know how you can say that they can only qualify less than 1 second faster in a GT3 car than lap after lap in a 24 hour race, when it's 5 seconds in a F1 car.

I had the same problem as OP when i started out in AC. I only managed a 2.20.5xx back then. Then i started out driving a lot different kind of cars on different kind of tracks, and started soaking information what was wrong about my driving style.

After a bit fiddling around with setups and adjusting my driving style and also learning how to properly trailbrake, I got a 2.16.754.

Edit: My point is: Don't get stuck on just hotlapping one car on one track, because you're just gonna end up hitting your head against the wall.

Also I didn't read every msg on the thread so I might be wrong about my point :p

Last edited:
In F1 2016 at Spa for example the fastest in qualifying was Nico Rosberg with 1:46.744 and in the race his fastest was 1:51.746, don't know how you can say that they can only qualify less than 1 second faster in a GT3 car than lap after lap in a 24 hour race, when it's 5 seconds in a F1 car.
Formula 1 has softer tyre compounds and maximum Hybrid power for 1 lap. GT3 cars don't have those things which is why their qualifying performance is way closer to their race performance.

Well first of all, all of the qualifying times etc are available online...so it's not like I'm making things up.

Second of all, it's as Majuh said, the car in qualifying is the same as the car in the race, in 2016 F1 they didn't even come close to the limits due to the power restrictions and tire wear (that's why even now you see Alonso setting fastest race laps in a car that has no business doing so).

Third of all, it's not uncommon for qualifying times to be close to, if not even slower than race pace in modern endurance racing (you can see this at Le Mans quite often). It's why they call these sort of races "24 hour sprints".

Well first of all, all of the qualifying times etc are available online...so it's not like I'm making things up.

Ahh well I couldn't find them only the F1 times for SPA. Just found some and you are right 2.18.xxx, then AC needs to slightly under power their cars then, and I do notice at SPA that during some of these quick lap times they go right off the track on some corners.

Last edited:
hey guys , really asking for some help.
I'm trying to improve my hotlaping time everyday but I really stuck

I watched the replay you posted and don't know if anyone else noticed this but you are nearly 4mph slower at the braking point at Les Combes than the fanatics laps. Seems like your gearing is too low as shouldn't you be hitting the limiter at that point?

Hi again! This is my reply file https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwtW2LSil-IcMklZYjJGd0padk0/view?usp=sharing
Today I did have time only for few laps and I'm happy I did 2:20.7 at the first attempt instead of 2:22:5xx of my first reply I sent you.
Best lap I did was 2:20.283
Türe blankets , time12:00 temp 26 , wind 0 track optimum

@Dmitry Kariakin Can you provide a replay file again. The closer you get to the fastest time, the easier is to see where it can be improved.

You can spot some key difference where it can improved, but I'm not a master at driving sims since I'm still learning how to exploit it.(use the slow motion function in youtube if it's hard to see)

Thank you for the detailed video.
Omg I just watched the video of a guy driving Ferrari GT2 on Spa and he has so much grip that he doesn't even brake at the places where I descent my speed and well that looks just like an alien... How is that possible ???

You can spot some key difference where it can improved, but I'm not a master at driving sims since I'm still learning how to exploit it.(use the slow motion function in youtube if it's hard to see)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 500 39.1%