Pls help:) I stuck at improving my time

hey guys , really asking for some help.
I'm trying to improve my hotlaping time everyday but I really stuck:( 4 example my best time at Spa with z4 Gt3 is only 2:21.1 and I really can't do better after the hundreds of laps. Please if anyone here has a ghost car or ingame replay video and the setup for any gt2/gt3 car drop me send me to help and learn to be better driver. I would appreciate that and million times thanks to you people in advance

Not sure but I think that once you got dialed in your times would improve. I have, in the past, drove with a controller and being consistent is a struggle. If you get a wheel your enjoyment will increase dramatically. With a wheel you get feedback and it makes the sim come alive. Treat your self and take the plunge.

Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\camera_onboard_free.ini

You do the change in the ini file-> SPHERICAL_COORDS=0.1

It's faster to get to overhead view, but you never get a static overhead position. I asked on the Official Forum to include this view by default, but a bunch of elitist claimed that only me, myself & I would use it.

This view is amazing and I definitely think KUNOS must include it it the game.

I'm working on my time and still can't beat my 2:21:1xx on Spa with Z4 gt3 even using Giovanni setup and the video as well as Mr Deap Tutorials. The only achievement I reached is 2:19 with gt2 Ferrari but to me this cars feels relatively faster and sharper compared to z4 and again I'm so far from a good lap time
If u guys still have some tips for me or the story of how u were improving ur lap times when u were beginners please tell be I'm hungry to learn to be faster

Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\camera_onboard_free.ini

You do the change in the ini file-> SPHERICAL_COORDS=0.1

It's faster to get to overhead view, but you never get a static overhead position. I asked on the Official Forum to include this view by default, but a bunch of elitist claimed that only me, myself & I would use it.

Did this but cant zoom out for overhead view.

@Dmitry Kariakin
Maybe adjust the FFB strength so it doesn't clip while driving. It's it shouldn't go red on the 4th bar on the pedal app. Also learning doing the setup yourself is the better way to learn to exploit the physic of the game & understand the change that have been made by the setup creator.

@Kristian Maynes
SPHERICAL_COORDS is the F5 view. You can play from there using the arrow & the mouse. You can hold Shift to slow down to movement with the arrow.

@Dimtry Kariakan you are possibly down to looking for tenths per corner. Really analize the videos and compare your times too see where you are losing time, it could be down to a couple of corners. One thing for sure is that Spa rewards good trailbraking so work on that.

This is an interesting article, one i have been looking into these last 5 weeks.
It would seem that the consensus of opinion from studying the video replays is that the
speed is inaccurate. Quite often the replays seem to suggest my overall speed is higher than someone who is 2 seconds a lap faster.
To cut long long story short it would seem i need to be slower at a certain point in the cornering process to go quicker, unfortunatly every time i go slower to go faster i go slower. :confused:

This view is amazing and I definitely think KUNOS must include it it the game.

I'm working on my time and still can't beat my 2:21:1xx on Spa with Z4 gt3 even using Giovanni setup and the video as well as Mr Deap Tutorials. The only achievement I reached is 2:19 with gt2 Ferrari but to me this cars feels relatively faster and sharper compared to z4 and again I'm so far from a good lap time
If u guys still have some tips for me or the story of how u were improving ur lap times when u were beginners please tell be I'm hungry to learn to be faster
For me it was a long route to get faster... my opinion for first setup is to get the tyre pressures right. That is the most important thing in my book.
After that nothing else helped me, than making good use of delta app to find places where I could improve. I mainly drive gt3's in assetto (well practically only gt3's) and using that delta app and rsr as reference what should be doable was the route for me. I have now nearly 2000 hours on ac and still enjoying hunting tenths :)

I probably know why i am not that quick, that does not stop me from being interested
In the reason why some people are just very fast.
When you try and eek out every last drop of perfomance and still you are 2 seconds and more off the
fastest pace it does rather make me inquisitive to the exact reasons.
This is especially true when you watch the online replay and note their braking points which are the same as mine, the point when they are on the gas which is vitually the same, and the ease at which the extra pace is acquired, which is not mine.

Disclaimer.....
I do not know any one in simracing, never worked in the sim racing software environment, so my
Investigation are made in total isolation.
The old saying " they don't know they don't know" definitely applies to me here.

This is especially true when you watch the online replay and note their braking points which are the same as mine, the point when they are on the gas which is virtually the same, and the ease at which the extra pace is acquired, which is not mine.

Exactly, I watch videos and practice a lot now at Spa, since this thread was started, as to me it's a really hard track to master, I have shaved some time off but I doubt I will get close to those really low times. It's like the last S bend, it seems that they go through in slow motion but gain a lot of time that I don't.

Things that i "think" i have discovered so far...

Consistency (not perfection they still make mistakes)

How often have you made 0.3 seconds in a couple of corners then crossed
the finish line 0.4 seconds down and can you remember on the next lap how
you got that 0.3 seconds.

They seem to leave the braking to the last moment repetitively every lap and
seem to be prepared to wait to get "cleanly" back on the power progressively
apparently willing to giving up some pace in doing so.

They also drive to a definded racing line, again this probably comes attached
to consistancy.

With out some form of data logging, to attempt to define the above it is virtually
impossible to separate the real world from the virtual.

"You just cannot seem to use the online replays."

I can mimick the above, but i will just become slower.

It may be they can just entrer a state of subconscious attachment to the game and actually
feel what is happening in the virtual world, who knows, i could go on all day with Conjecture.

I need hard facts.

Setups, my conclusion so far...

If you can create the same pace as the fast guys, ( or the pace of the cars around you ) then setup becomes important.
I see no connection at all between being a mid fielder and creating a setup that will
project you to the front of the race.

Sometimes just sometimes you can make the car faster on some circuits, but i bet you
the fast drivers have spotted that too. So your back to the same place.

Any criticism will be welcome, i have some more ideas but i have waffled on enough.

Thank you guys again for your support, tips, conclusions, videos and etc , I really appreciated all that .
I worked with all of this during these days and I'm still hoping to do better run than 2:21:1xx in Spa and look, I can't really believe that everyone else does so much for that as me :) Having 12 years of real driving experience, karting lessons and races, official bmw driving experience school and half year of AC experience, and still can't do better than most of online racers , that really makes me sad I think I'm just not talented for that

Having 12 years of real driving experience, karting lessons and races, official bmw driving experience school and half year of AC experience, and still can't do better than most of online racers , that really makes me sad I think I'm just not talented for that

It's like everything, some people just have the reflexes and the ability to do these things well, I remember way back when we first bought a Commodore 64, my sons friend came round and we had that game Outrun, the first time he played it he got to within a car length of the finish of the whole game. We didn't even know there were so many parts to it, turns out he was just a natural with lightening fast reflexes, he could beat any game easily. Us mere mortals could only look on in disbelief.

So instead of worrying about getting below a certain figure just worry about beating "your" best time. If someone came along and did a 2.10.00 at Spa it would put the best now in our position, trying to beat that time which might not be possible for us/them.

Thank you guys again for your support, tips, conclusions, videos and etc , I really appreciated all that .
I worked with all of this during these days and I'm still hoping to do better run than 2:21:1xx in Spa and look, I can't really believe that everyone else does so much for that as me :) Having 12 years of real driving experience, karting lessons and races, official bmw driving experience school and half year of AC experience, and still can't do better than most of online racers , that really makes me sad I think I'm just not talented for that
The issue is real driving technique make you slower in AC.

You have the release the brake like releasing the clutch when cornering. You can trail brake extremely deep in the corners. There are all sort of exploit in simulator. Real life driving technique will make you fast in game at a certain point, but you can't beat elitism driving that way.

The brake bias setting alone is a big deal to get cornering speed as it is dependent to the tyres temperature. You can brake harder at a certain temperature depending of the brake bias. You have to abuse the grip to the maximum, while a real car would simply spin out while in the game it still hold on.

Since the sim is in a perfect world & not everything is simulated. You get away with move that will never work in real life.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%