PC2 Please share you VR (only) experience

Hi,

I am only interested in the VR experience as I don’t see myself playing on 2D again...

Can you please share your experience, specifically how it compares to AC with VR.

Graphics wise, camera (lock to horizon?), motion sickness, how much of the graphics effects and eye candy can be enjoyed (rain, water on track, sun rise/set)...

Thanks!!!

For the flickering there's the "near clip plane" option IIRC that helps: increase it and you should have more near flickering and less in the distance, reduce it and you get more distant flickering and less near one (unfortunatly the issue is due to the hardware, so you cannot get absolutely no flickering, only try to make it less obvious)

Gave the guide a whirl, which had me turning some things up in VR. Smooth as butter, and flickering gone. I only turned a few laps before the wife got home, but plan to work on it tonight. The biggest issue currently is just power on the usb ports. Wheel, shifter, printer, 2 oculus sensors, mouse k/b.

Over all though, love the headset. Tried the monitor again...and while it looks really good, I prefer the immersion. Something about the weather in the headset...just great.

Gave the guide a whirl, which had me turning some things up in VR. Smooth as butter, and flickering gone. I only turned a few laps before the wife got home, but plan to work on it tonight. The biggest issue currently is just power on the usb ports. Wheel, shifter, printer, 2 oculus sensors, mouse k/b.

Over all though, love the headset. Tried the monitor again...and while it looks really good, I prefer the immersion. Something about the weather in the headset...just great.
Glad you like it, I think it is ultimately about expectations. Once you can accept a few downsides, VR experience becomes all about one BIG upside - immersion. Nothing comes close.
Good to know the guide helped.

Guys, I’ve just finished a hot lap session with the following setup:
Red Bull Ring GP
Jag F-type (great sounding car!!)
Cloudy into light rain
Traction and Stability control off

The best experience I’ve had with VR! Period.

The FFB with Jack Spade (Alt-Mid), and the wet track with so much power to the rear, plus the great turn combination, is amazing.

The occasional drift has never been so pleasing, I just decided to drift ALL THE TIME.

Go try it out.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years