PC2 Please share you VR (only) experience

Hi,

I am only interested in the VR experience as I don’t see myself playing on 2D again...

Can you please share your experience, specifically how it compares to AC with VR.

Graphics wise, camera (lock to horizon?), motion sickness, how much of the graphics effects and eye candy can be enjoyed (rain, water on track, sun rise/set)...

Thanks!!!

Tomytronic3D.jpg

This is the one! Oh the memories....

I do have a 1080 so my experience is skewed in that way.. but my PC is starting to show it's age. It was built when the 780ti was released. All I've done is replace the video card since.

There have been several moments where I've lost myself in the experience and actually felt like I was in a car on a track. Oulton Park right/left just before the start/finish had just the perfect lighting that made it look real for just a moment while I was doing a career race. I've had similar experiences in AC, too.

Been spending more time just racing than tweaking everything so there's improvements I can probably make to the visuals. As a whole scene, I prefer PC2. I've only compared the Porsche Cup cars between pC2 and AC so far and felt AC's looked better. Again, tweaking PC2 may resolve that.

Environmental effects look fantastic (to me) in PC2, something that AC lacks so can't compare there but just to say that they do add to the experience.

There's no 'lock to horizon' setting, I assume that 'World Movement' and possibly G-Forces combine to give the same experience if configured correctly. I've not done much here and Knockhill which I'm digging the crap out of would probably make me barf if I were in a Formula car since the track is extremely bumpy.

I'm sure I had heard IB talk about widgets having the ability to be off-screen. I do this in AC for info that's not critical but it doesn't seem to be implemented in PC2. I hope it is implemented, however, the floating effect of the widgets is great and can be made to not obscure as much as PC1.

Mirrors can be adjusted, some AC cars the mirrors are useless.

Where PC2 excels is the same as PC1, you're always in VR from menus to racing.

End of the day, despite a few things that need fixing, I'd put PC2's VR above AC.. and it'll only get better from here.

I read that in game SS isn't working at the moment. Needs to be set in the tray tool.

I found the opposite to be true, I've stopped using the OTT.
I'm enjoying PC2 immensely (Rifter) especially when wearing the Helmet in F cars or those that allow for a closed helmet view.
Unfortunately the MP is not up to scratch at this time as far as I'm concerned but I do recommend PC2 as a VR experience.

I found the opposite to be true, I've stopped using the OTT.
I'm enjoying PC2 immensely (Rifter) especially when wearing the Helmet in F cars or those that allow for a closed helmet view.
Unfortunately the MP is not up to scratch at this time as far as I'm concerned but I do recommend PC2 as a VR experience.
Please share you settings and setup, if possible.
I am experiencing with different settings and haven’t found the perfect balance yet.

I will also provide my full list of settings once done with testing.

Thanks.

Hi guys im having trouble with helmet cam and VR. I can't get the helmet to render all I get is a visor. I have my FOV set to 70 or below and the show helmet function is on but it makes no difference.

Also double checked and all testing is with formula Renault which I know has this function.

If I play in normal non ver mode single screen it works but not in vr with my rift for some reason.

It's breaking me!!

Thanks

The settings really depend on track / weather + ai so I'm still searching for a one size fits all config.
I posted somewhere here on these Forums what I recommend...
My specs are not the best, so once again this really is dependant on your rig.
For reference 2500k OC'd @ 4.2 + GTX 1070.

Helmet view is, I believe dependant on car (or bugged).
2016 DALLARA IR12 CHEVROLET (ROAD COURSE) has helmet.
The Lotus 98T does not.

The settings really depend on track / weather + ai so I'm still searching for a one size fits all config.
I posted somewhere here on these Forums what I recommend...
My specs are not the best, so once again this really is dependant on your rig.
For reference 2500k OC'd @ 4.2 + GTX 1070.

Helmet view is, I believe dependant on car (or bugged).
2016 DALLARA IR12 CHEVROLET (ROAD COURSE) has helmet.
The Lotus 98T does not.

with my gtx680 i already get my 2500k@4,5ghz to 100% utilization on all cores in VR, so i'd suppose you're CPU limited with your config, if you can try to squeeze some extra mhz from your CPU, else you'll have to find out wich are the most CPU-intensive settings and then max everything else and keep them on low/off.
I can get 90FPS on my config (70-80 when raining with full grid) so you should be able to find out a way to get at least the same performances (I should be both CPU and GPU limited, you're probably under-utilizing your GPU)

I have PC1, AC and PC2 running on an i7 5.7k and NVIDEA 1080ti with fully up to date drivers. PC2 is the only game I have experienced serious clipping issues with and moments of freezing also. Overall its still impressive, the PC series have always been pretty visually. The tracks visually and aesthetically are much improved in PC2 but its definitely not as well optimized as PS1 yet. Towards the end of PC1's life an update was issued on Steam that showed you how to edit specific graphic files to get the best out of PC1 in VR, i may look to see if the same files exist in PC2 later

@hotak Forgive me for being a bit of a nubbie where this is concerned but how would I find out if my CPU is using all the cores for the game and at what % they are running at?
@UberMongo any idea where I could find the steam update file that explained what files to tinker with the best out of PC1 maybe they would work in PC2?

On win10 just right-click on the task bar, open task manager and go to the performance tab.
If you want more detailed info you can open resurce monitor from the "link" in that tab, or, to check also GPU usage/temperatures/etc. you can download Open Hardware Monitor http://openhardwaremonitor.org/ and it shows you everything about the status of your PC and saves the worst value you had while the program was open

So far my experience has been good w/ the Oculus CV1. Running a i7, 16gb ram, 1080GTX. I'll add the specs to signature later.

Haven't tried your tweaks yet, but just made the changes to the nvidia control panel. Up until now, I had left my settings mostly vanilla, with slow changes. When I ran the performance check, steady 90, with the occasional hick up and drop so minor that it wasn't visible to the naked eye. I am suffering the flicker issue, but will try the FOV fix from your guide.

Really liking it though, had a race in the GT5 class (career mode) that had a shift in weather part way through. I really enjoyed the experience...rain etc. I really can't compare to my time in AC or Iracing to PC2 yet, but will have a better idea once I get the headset dialed in.

Most of my time was spent trying to dial in the TX first...lol.

So far my experience has been good w/ the Oculus CV1. Running a i7, 16gb ram, 1080GTX. I'll add the specs to signature later.

Haven't tried your tweaks yet, but just made the changes to the nvidia control panel. Up until now, I had left my settings mostly vanilla, with slow changes. When I ran the performance check, steady 90, with the occasional hick up and drop so minor that it wasn't visible to the naked eye. I am suffering the flicker issue, but will try the FOV fix from your guide.

Really liking it though, had a race in the GT5 class (career mode) that had a shift in weather part way through. I really enjoyed the experience...rain etc. I really can't compare to my time in AC or Iracing to PC2 yet, but will have a better idea once I get the headset dialed in.

Most of my time was spent trying to dial in the TX first...lol.
We have the same HW for the most part. I also have a TX too.
Please try some of my settings and let me know how it goes for you in the guide thread.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%