• "Bwoah." - Generic Kimi Quotes.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Please help me choose a proper wheel for my PC

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Andrei Sorea, May 12, 2015.

1. Andrei Sorea

Andrei Sorea

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, I've been searching for a new steering wheel the last couple of days and since I don't want to spend a lot of money on it, here's what I found in my price range:

- a second-hand almost new Logitech Momo for $45
    - a new Thrustmaster Ferrari Red Legend for $65
    - a new Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia (not the tx one) for $90

So, which one do you think I should get ? If you have any other suggestions that don't go over $100 I'd be glad to hear them. Thanks

2. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson

Ratings:
    +2,585
    Logitech DFGT for less than 100 dollars I reckon secondhand, or maybe even new. Great wheels.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Andrei Sorea

Andrei Sorea

Ratings:
    +2
    I would but unfortunately I can't find a sh DFGT under $140 in my country and i currently don't have that money for a wheel

4. Andrei Sorea

Andrei Sorea

Ratings:
    +2
    I was on the verge of getting the Momo one but then i thought it's really old and a lot of owners have problems after a while with centering and with the pedals so I gave up the logitech momo idea

5. Alex Franchini

Alex Franchini

Ratings:
    +683
    Thrustmaster T100? I have no idea how good it is, but it's FFB and has 270 degrees. Probably inferior to a DFGT but hey.
    I'm in the market myself.

• Like Like x 1
  6. William Geuze

William Geuze

Ratings:
    +148
    Save a few more bucks and get a second hand G27. The terms 'proper wheel' and "under $100" don't mix well in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Andrei Sorea

Andrei Sorea

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks to all of you for the answers! They are really helpful