Please help me choose a gaming pc!

http://www.chillblast.com/Racing-Simulation-PCs/

These should suit your needs just fine. :) These guy's aren't trying to rip you off, and they have quality components.

This is what I built for myself http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/ZxDByc.
It eats up every game or sim absolutely maxed out that I've thrown at it so far. iRacing @ 200fps rFactor2 @ 140fps and Assetto Corsa at 120fps.

Take away about 30 FPS when using DSR.

Last edited:
For the love of GabeN, please don't even think about buying a prebuilt computer. It won't do you any good, both price and performance wise. :)

The build linked by Xavier is kickass, especially the GPU. One thing tho: if you regularly run Photoshop and the likes you might want to spend a little more and purchase 16GB RAM. Games probably won't run better because of that but memory intensive applications will. :)

Have fun!

Tom

These should suit your needs just fine. :) These guy's aren't trying to rip you off, and they have quality components.

It eats up every game or sim absolutely maxed out that I've thrown at it so far. iRacing @ 200fps rFactor2 @ 140fps and Assetto Corsa at 120fps.

I may have a crack at building one myself. How much did you pay for your build?

Your TV should be fine as long as it supports HD or Display port as the graphics card connects via either of those connections. :) It is definitely suitable for triples, the GTX 970 is a monster. You might have to skimp a little on the eye candy though as there would probably be a performance hit with triples. Everything should still be playable at medium to high settings with suitable framerates though on triples. :)

If you really want the eye candy and triples, then you can always upgrade to 2 970's later on and SLI them. :)

Try maxing out the game with a full grid and you'll see your rig crawling for oxigen he he
To max it out only Titan Sli can save you at the moment.

Try maxing out the game with a full grid and you'll see your rig crawling for oxigen he he
Of course Pedro, because only YOU can have such an amazing rig where frames and graphics flow like milk and Honey. Dude get over yourself and stop coming with this Titan SLI crap the whole time, you're actually beginning to sound daft. We don't care that you were gullible enough to go for it. We're tired of it, and quite frankly we're tired of you.

You know the best thing about having your own experience, is that nobody can tell you that you're wrong, because YOU have experienced it. I can max out my settings, and have a full grid, and still have an acceptable experience on my single screen set up.

When you refer to Titan Sli are you referring to that bit of kit that costs over £1000? If so then i dont think many people, inc myself, can afford that kind of money. And even if i could afford it i still dont think i could bring myself to fork out that much on one component

C'mon gents (and ladies) - im constantly switching between parts for my build. Im so indecisive and it doesnt help that i have no experience ha.

The question is - you have £900 spare and you want to build the best spec pc you can with the £900. What would be your parts list?

Here you go. :) It should also give you a list of merchants where those components are available at that price.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/m4MZrH

Thank you so much Xavier! That list has given me some confidence as my list was very similar. 2 quick questions in relation to my list compared to yours

1. In terms of memory is it worth going for 2 x 8gb instead of 2 x 4gb?

2. The case - ive read its worth going for a full tower rather than a mid to help air circulation and cooling. Is this the case?

Thank you so much Xavier! That list has given me some confidence as my list was very similar. 2 quick questions in relation to my list compared to yours

1. In terms of memory is it worth going for 2 x 8gb instead of 2 x 4gb?

2. The case - ive read its worth going for a full tower rather than a mid to help air circulation and cooling. Is this the case?
Not Xavier but I'll reply anyway. ;)

1) It depends on what applications you're using. Most games are running as good with 16GB as they do with 8GB but memory prices are not very high, so if you can it's not a bad idea to take it. I never regret having 16GB, especially when using Photoshop and the likes.

Just make sure that you're using the same type of RAM and don't mix them. Also make sure to have at least 2 bars (2x4GB, 2x8GB etc.) in order to get the performance boost from dual channel. This is very important. :)

2) The times of extremely big towers are, sadly, over. Chieftec CS901 etc. are a thing of the past but airflow can be difficult in very small towers indeed. If you want a decent one (which has been released very recently) you should look at the Define R5. :)

Not Xavier but I'll reply anyway. ;)

1) It depends on what applications you're using. Most games are running as good with 16GB as they do with 8GB but memory prices are not very high, so if you can it's not a bad idea to take it. I never regret having 16GB, especially when using Photoshop and the likes.

Just make sure that you're using the same type of RAM and don't mix them. Also make sure to have at least 2 bars (2x4GB, 2x8GB etc.) in order to get the performance boost from dual channel. This is very important. :)

2) The times of extremely big towers are, sadly, over. Chieftec CS901 etc. are a thing of the past but airflow can be difficult in very small towers indeed. If you want a decent one (which has been released very recently) you should look at the Define R5. :)
Thanks for the reply :) would you also recommend a SSD? or is that not neccessary

Question 1: You won't notice a difference when gaming. :)

Question 2: Nowadays a mid tower is sufficient, you also have 2 extra case fans in that build to allow more airflow. Good cable management is key for dissipating heat well, and allowing the fans to flush it out of the case.

Question 3: An SSD is not necessary, the HDD spins fast enough for it to not make a massive difference. I actually came from an SSD to my HDD and didn't really notice a difference. You can always add one in for an extra 80 bucks or so. :)

Thanks for the reply :) would you also recommend a SSD? or is that not neccessary
It looks like Xavier and I can't agree on this, there is a huge difference if you compare SSD and HDD performance.

It might depend on the models of course but AC is loading tracks a lot quicker from my SSD, same for Windows etc. It takes my PC around 30-35 seconds from turning it on until Windows is up and running fine.

Lol that's pretty bad, perhaps I just got lucky. :p

Takes the same amount of time to load circuits etc. and boot speed is the same, around 20-30 seconds or so. With AsRock fast boot it's even less, I can't even hit the BIOS option as the screens just flash by. :)

Lol that's pretty bad, perhaps I just got lucky. :p

Takes the same amount of time to load circuits etc. and boot speed is the same, around 20-30 seconds or so. With AsRock fast boot it's even less, I can't even hit the BIOS option as the screens just flash by. :)
Yeah I have too many drives in my rig...it basically takes like 10 seconds for all the drives to be detected. :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back