F1 2013 Please help, F1 2013 crashing.

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys,

I have been experiencing a problem with F1 2013 whereby it crashes back to the desktop as I select a profile that I've already been using. It happens every time but if I select "start a new career" it allows me to do the young driver's test and play the game normally.

This happened a few weeks ago and I tried reinstalling the game and verifying the game cache but nothing worked. Eventually I created a new profile which now, after only 3 races, is doing the same thing. If I select either the original profile or the new one I made it crashes to the desktop and a Steam error appears saying "This application is already running." I followed the instructions of the Sream troubleshooter and I have had Codemaster's Customer Support email me quite a few things to try such as updating all my drivers, running the game in safemode and also in compatibility mode but nothing has helped.

I don't know if this makes a difference but the problem appeared after the game was updated with the first 2 patches.

My PC has Windows 7 64 bit with an Nvidia 650Ti graphics card.

If anyone has any advice or anything I can try please let me know, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I clicked the link that was available on the error message and followed all the instructions. nothing worked though. That's when e-mailed Codemaster's and have been following their instructions. The Steam error doesn't always appear, only sometimes and only if I'm in "Online mode".

Hi guys,

I have been experiencing a problem with F1 2013 whereby it crashes back to the desktop as I select a profile that I've already been using. It happens every time but if I select "start a new career" it allows me to do the young driver's test and play the game normally.

This happened a few weeks ago and I tried reinstalling the game and verifying the game cache but nothing worked. Eventually I created a new profile which now, after only 3 races, is doing the same thing. If I select either the original profile or the new one I made it crashes to the desktop and a Steam error appears saying "This application is already running." I followed the instructions of the Sream troubleshooter and I have had Codemaster's Customer Support email me quite a few things to try such as updating all my drivers, running the game in safemode and also in compatibility mode but nothing has helped.

I don't know if this makes a difference but the problem appeared after the game was updated with the first 2 patches.

My PC has Windows 7 64 bit with an Nvidia 650Ti graphics card.

If anyone has any advice or anything I can try please let me know, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Like @Crane said ^^^ just above ^^^, and if it crashes again, go to Nvidia's Control Panel Configuration applet, and scale back the Anisotropic Filtering down to 2X (minimum). Doing that fixed it for me. Codemasters are no way close frome being masters at coding. Just sayin.

Thanks for the responses,

I updated my Graphics drivers and the realtek one but unfortunately no change. I also changed the anisotropic filtering.

@Crane and @Salut Gilles, did you guys experience the same problem?

I had the same problem as you described here. I have a three-years-old gaming laptop with a NVidia GT 435M Dell-factory built-in GPU, a 4-core i7 with turbo-boost capability, 8GB DDR3 RAM, and 2GB VRAM, and a left-sided fan exhaust (not under, like most non-gaming laptops).

To fix it, I downloaded the newest 331.65 NVIDIA driver, went to the Control Panel's "un-install programs" applet, got rid of NVidia's HD Audio driver, and the GeForce Experience bloated & useless program.

Then I opened the NVidia configuration panel, set everything to max settings, and started the bloated F1 2013 game. It crashed on lap 50 of 57 at Bahrain. In absolute despair, I decided to try everything. Along the way, I reduced the Anisotropic Filtering from 16X to 8X. Since I did that, I haven't experienced that problem anymore, so I guess there is some "illegal" code related to anisotropic filtering of NVidia GeForce 400+ GPUs used by Ignorancemasters. Could be something else, but so far, it seems to be working.

I only do 100% Long Weekend GPs.

To recap:
- Remove NVidia's HD Audio driver
- Remove GeForce Experience useless program
- Set Anisotropic Filtering to 8X (or 4X)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years