F1 2011 Please help! Couple original files needed

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello!

I need a little help from you guys. I have installed this 2 helmets: Jenson Button Suzuka 2011 and Re-Designed GEN_06 career helmet HD. They worked great, with no problems, till I have installed a new one: Helmet Lewis Hamilton 2011 HD.

I don't know way, but now all 3 helmets are looking like Schubert helmets in game, not like ARAI. I drive a McLaren, so they should look like ARAI. Jenson looks perfectly in game, but me... Nope. Only in cinematics the helmet it's ok.

I've tried with my original files but, i don't know how exactly, I've messed up this files too. I don't have the original file anymore.

So... Can somebody, please, send me the original files? Here is the list with them: gen_3_tex_high.pssg, gen_3_tex_low.pssg, gen_6_tex_high.pssg, gen_6_tex_low.pssg, gen_8_tex_high.pssg, gen_8_tex_low.pssg, higtxt_jenson_button.pssg, medtxt_jenson_button.pssg, higtxt_lewis_hamilton.pssg, medtxt_lewis_hamilton.pssg and the livery_01 and livery_00 for McLaren car.

Thank you!

If you've bought the game through Steam you can run the Verify Game Cache operation and it should detect the modded files as not being originals and override them with the defaults.

If you have a boxed version you could just reinstall.

In either case you should make a backup of your AutoSaves folder in your My Documents (I'm at work so I'm not 100% on the exact directory name), although I don't think it will be effected.

David, just do a custom install to a new file location F1 2011B or something on the hard drive a different HDD would be good if you could.

Copy your saves etc first just in case.

Then just take the files needed and overwrite.

Thank you for replay. It's a boxed version and I hope to skip the reinstall. :) That's the reason of my post.

David, just do a custom install to a new file location F1 2011B or something on the hard drive a different HDD would be good if you could.

Thanks for reply. I will try that. I thought it will be some Win registry problems if I do a second install, but I try.

And, btw... Do U have a bespoken helmet for JB Suzuka version? :) Thanks!

Well I have two versions of the game loaded on one HDD.

I use one for the MODS and keep the other vanilla, just in case I need files from it.

Never had a problem my end with anything, but as I said, just make sure you copy save games etc just in case.

Not loaded the Jenson helmet as a bespoke no, but if you use Ryders PSSG editor, you can easily extract it from the McLaren file and load it to whatever bespoke helmet you want.

Well I have two versions of the game loaded on one HDD.

I use one for the MODS and keep the other vanilla, just in case I need files from it.

Never had a problem my end with anything, but as I said, just make sure you copy save games etc just in case.

Not loaded the Jenson helmet as a bespoke no, but if you use Ryders PSSG editor, you can easily extract it from the McLaren file and load it to whatever bespoke helmet you want.

Thank you for both replies. I've loaded the DDS texture into gen_8 helmet (I think) and has worked perfectly. But after the error I've told you about, I thought it will be safer to have the helmet directly from the source. :p I will try again after install.

I think I'm stupid, really. I can't install a second copy of the game. Even accessing setup.exe or game.msi I have only the option to REPAIR or UNINSTALL the game. What should I do?!

I think at only one solution: to completely remove the game and reinstall a fresh one and after that to make a full backup of the game... What should I do?! :)

ARAI helemt looks like Schubert no mater what...

I will revive this post because I still have the helmet problem. I've reinstalled the game and still the ARAI helmets looks like a Schubert helmet. I thought it was from the McLaren skin or from the helmets I've edited before. But... I've copied the original cars and characters folders (thank's to the tip ML2166 give it to me) with no positive results.

So... It's possible to be from other files?! I don't know... The DB, the saved career... Something! Any ORIGINAL helmet looks like **** in the game. But! I'm not 100% positive, but I think in Grand Prix the helmets looks normally.

Any suggestions?! This problem drive me crazy... And I'm stuck with it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 392 40.0%