Playseat F1 with Tactile

cPDph6A.jpg

I've seen the question here before, how do you integrate tactile with an Playseat F1.
Well today I set the first steps with the helping advice of Mr latte.

I had already raised the Playseat because it simply was to low for me to get out of. The wooden frame is simple but effective, but just a few centimeters to high, but I will fix that later (maybe)

Because of the frame a mounting place was created directly underneath the seat, which you can see here from the back of the seat.
1S62Kd6.jpg

I've mounted a Buttkicker LFE underneath the front of the seat, because a LFE is really big.
It is mounted with the four smaller screws you can see in the first picture.
lZlsQSw.jpg

The one thing that really noticed me was that despite the fact that I haven't isolated any part of the frame, it does it itself. Because I can feel it through the seat, but the tactile almost doesn't reach to the pedals or the steering.
At first I had quickly mounted the LFE in the middel of the frame just to try if everything was connected properly and then I could feel it stronger in the pedals and the steering but much less in the seat, even although all frame parts are hard bolted to each other.

For now I've glued some cork under the frame to isolate if from the floor, and It does the job.

It is powered by a Inuke 1000DSP and I'm using Sim Shaker Wheels with a Asus Xonar.
On the other output I will be using a Clark TST209, which will probably be mounted in the middle of the frame so it will go to the pedals and steering column.

I've read in a other topic that it could be mounted on the back of the seat by opening the zippers, butt this seat doesn't have zippers. All paddings are glued except for the bottom padding. So the only places to mount something are on the frame itself, the pedal plate and the bottom of the seat.

For now I will start testing with different settings and keep you posted so somebody can use this thread as a guide for a Playseat f1 with tactile.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 85 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 451 39.3%