Player name: Unknown

Don't know if it's the same for everyone, but I appear as "unknown" in the driver list. The launcher says "Welcome Andy White", but when I enter a game I'm "unknown".

I tried editing the player file:
[ DRIVER ]
Player Name="Unknown"
Player Nick="Your Nickname"

Inserting my name didn't seem to work. Anyone else experiecing the same?

Yes I did the same but it didn't work.
I have just got in from work and tried again and all seems to be fine now (with the un-modded .plr file) and is showing my name correctly.
Very strange, can't tell you what caused it or what resolved it, but it's working now.

Hmmmm, this is quite strange really.

When my name wasn't appearing last night I edited the .plr file and inserted my name and nick name (made a backup of the original first). This didn't work, I was still appearing as "unknown" in game.
I then renamed the "player" folder to "Andy White" and the player.plr file to Andy White.plr. This didn't work either.
I then deleted the "Andy White" folder and put the original "player" folder back, so I was now back to how I started. I was still "unknown" in game.........(single and multiplayer).

Today I have changed nothing and my name has magically appeared in the .plr file. It is the original .plr which last night said what I quoted in my 1st post.

I wonder if it had anything to do with the ISI bottleneck last night. Maybe rf2 has to connect to your account, and then modifys your .plr file from your account (maybe the first time you connect). Perhaps mine couldn't connect properly I dunno, I was managing to log in without any problems.

Anyway it's fixed itself now, so alls good.

I had the same problem yesterday night and when I went back to do some work an e-mail arrived, saying my licence had now been activated. I suppose if I go back to rFactor2 later today I will find my proper name on the driver list. probably just a bottleneck as they are processing customer data.

Issue is mentioned on ISI site as well now. I read some have editted the player file. ISI says DONT!

Everything works, but you are 'Unknown' in multiplayer:
Some have reported that checking 'remember me' when logging into multiplayer fixes it, but we've not confirmed this yet.

DO NOT alter the player files in appdata to fix this, it may cause issues for you in the future. We're working on a fix that won't cause problems in the future. It may be that we do this for you, just keep racing.

Thanks for your patience.

Tim.
Link to forum topic:
http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1980

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back