Player file

JeffL

Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good.
It seems there is a problem with my steam overwriting player file and it can't seem decide whether the file should be in the /user directory or the steamapps/ directory it is getting kind of frustrating to have to keep going back and forth for the player file between the 2 directories, any clue anybody?

I ran for a while in the /userdata inside Automobilista instalation .. then last week it just created one in the documents directory and I couldn't see my player file/setups/controllers until I copied every thing over from /userdata inside Automobilista instalation .. over to the documents directory and now it reversed and I touched nothing.

my suggestion is to delete both (back up you player file) and let it create from scracth .. both Beta and released version have everything except DynHud Logs inside userdata as far as I know ..

Okay that seemed to work @ouvert, thanks much. I looked at the backed up Confige.ini file and steam had changed it to C:/users directory. That really happened. I have never used that directory ever for AMS since it was a steam install from day one. So it could not have been a remnant laying around. LOL. also I have to make sure no Admin privileges are checked with the GUI track map in use or my framerate drops by 70%. Also whenever I close my config tool it says it has crashed but it does hold on to the settings. It seems AMS has some Admin settings problems. I very much am a person that once I get the settings set I don't touch them, and always have backup files ready. Not sure if I should be telling you this maybe I'm mistake but aren't you the Steam guru for ISI.

The userdata should be stored in My Documents unless the game is run as Administrator. (Which in W10 means, run as admin is set)
really? shouldn`t than it be something that is done automaticaly when installing game? I got fresh installs of beta and nonbeta and in both cases it placed userdata in game folder and works like charm .. on Win7 without me setting it to run as Admin

Well apologies for confusion and misleading you Jeff, I was just saying how I have it and how I always had it by default

Last edited:
really? shouldn`t than it be something that is done automaticaly when installing game? I got fresh installs of beta and nonbeta and in both cases it placed userdata in game folder and works like charm .. on Win7 without me setting it to run as Admin

Well apologies for confusion and misleading you Jeff, I was just saying how I have it and how I always had it by default

My nonbeta and beta UserData folders are in the Game folder as well.
I have Win7 Pro.:confused:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back