F1 2010 Playback of replays on x64

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I have read the CM thread on saving and playing replays (link) but I'm confused.

When I save replays the files do show up in my documents, but when I go to play them I just get a black screen. I am on 64 bit OS so my game is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Codemasters\F1 2010\. From my reading I think this is the problem however, moving my install to C:\Program Files\ doesn't fix it. Do I have to uninstall and then reinstall to C:\Program Files\ ? Is there something else that can fix this?

OK here is how it is!!!
I am going to take it you are running Windows 7 64bit OS? correct?
OK all games are run as 32bit...In windows 64 bit it shows up as (X86) which is really 32bit.
However if you try and move any of these files into the Program files (not x86) they will not work.

You need to play them as 32 bit, Play them with Windows media player classic.
Have you tried to record them with Fraps and watch them back.? You may get better quality. I have not tried this as yet but Im going to right now haha.

Thanks for the reply, Chris. When the game saves replays they are .f1replay files and the only way they can be played back is through the game (unless I'm mistaken) so media player is not an option. I suppose I could just record with Fraps but what I wanted to do is save the replay and then only record the lap(s) I need with Fraps. That way I won't have to to as much cutting when I am editing the final video (hope that makes sense).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 449 39.2%