• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Plans request - Wooden cockpit

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Lenard Schaeffler, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Lenard Schaeffler

Lenard Schaeffler

Ratings:
    +30
    So I havent been seen around here much lately, became a single parent and my gaming took a break. Before the break I was working on plans for a welded steel cockpit. Downsizing a bit, I share a 3 car garage with my brother and my cousin, I have decided that my sim racing setup would get a lot more play if I put it out there with the pool table/darts/foosball and all that jazz. Right now, I dont really have the cash to put up to make the steel version, but have the building supplies to make a wooden one. Was hoping to go the easy route and see if anyone here has plans for a wooden framed cockpit, there are a couple in the show your cockpit thread that would work well. I already have a welded steel tri monitor mount I made a few years back, will go to pick and pull for a seat. Anything to save me some time would be greatly appreciated.

To those that need a refresher of the current setup see below, I am hoping to re purpose some of the wood from the desk

Any help that could be provided would be much appreciated thank you ahead of time

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Roadster-2

Roadster-2

Ratings:
    +13