Plans for the Hardware Forum

OK guys, we have a plan!

Hopefully over the next few days, we (me and Brian) will be able to tidy this section of the forum up a little.

The plan is to create sub-sections for various subjects to make it a pleasant and easy experience to browse through.

If anybody has any suggestions, please add them here :wink:

Hi Tom, None taken :) I WILL finish the tuts and start some new ones asap, Ive just had no time, the forum has taken off, reviews, and other forum stuff has really taken my spare time. I have learnt one thing, in future I am going to write up the tuts FIRST then publish them complete :) But yes, I will get it done asap :)

Upvote 0
I think having sub-forums that are specific to different hardware manufacturers will be a big help. For example, the Official Fanatec Support Thread has grown into 496 replies as of today (Dec. 12, 2010). That's pretty daunting for a new Fanatec customer.

So, I'd suggest having a general-purpose hardware forum for stuff that's not vendor-specific (e.g., "what wheel should I buy") , and then sub-forums for equipment from Logitech, Fanatec, etc. It's probably true that some vendor-specific sub-forums would be pretty empty. But, staying with the Official Fanatec Support Thread example, there are many different issues contained in there and it would be much easier to view them as different threads within a Fanatec sub-forum.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years