Plans for seat and pedals stands

Hi. I have a T300 Ferrari Alcantara + DSD Short Throw Sequential Shifter with a custom desk clamp + Fanatec Clubsport v3 pedals. I play simulators occasionally, at night when I arrive home or during weekends. The rest of the time, I use the same desk for normal computer use. The idea of a full cockpit is not for me, because I don't have enough room. However, my desk is large (more than 2 m x 1 m), so I have the steering wheel and the shifter already installed but moved all the way to the left. Same with the pedals, but on the floor. When I want to play, I move them to the center of the desk. I also bring my 42" TV forward, closer to me, for better immersion. The problem I've have so far is the chair and the pedals moving. That's why I've bought a Sparco Pro 2000 replica seat (and 4 bass shakers!). I've already been doing some tests with height and driving position. My idea is to make one stand for the seat and one for the pedals, using MDF. Both will be independent, but will be connected thanks to the extended sides of the pedal base. Manual screws will prevent both the pedals or the seat from moving or raising. I will also be using several holes so that the pedals can be installed closer or forward (my kids will also want to play). However, I'm not very sure about my idea. Will the attachment be firm? Will the installation and uninstallation be fast and easy as I presume? Do you have any better idea? As regard the attachment I've also considered using that kind of squared metal tubes that insert one into the other, but working with iron is more difficult for me.

baquet-pedales-7.jpg

Last edited:
Hi. I have a T300 Ferrari Alcantara + DSD Short Throw Sequential Shifter with a custom desk clamp + Fanatec Clubsport v3 pedals. I play simulators occasionally, at night when I arrive home or during weekends. The rest of the time, I use the same desk for normal computer use. The idea of a full cockpit is not for me, because I don't have enough room. However, my desk is large (more than 2 m x 1 m), so I have the steering wheel and the shifter already installed but moved all the way to the left. Same with the pedals, but on the floor. When I want to play, I move them to the center of the desk. I also bring my 42" TV forward, closer to me, for better immersion. The problem I've have so far is the chair and the pedals moving. That's why I've bought a Sparco Pro 2000 replica seat (and 4 bass shakers!). I've already been doing some tests with height and driving position. My idea is to make one stand for the seat and one for the pedals, using MDF. Both will be independent, but will be connected thanks to the extended sides of the pedal base. Manual screws will prevent both the pedals or the seat from moving or raising. I will also be using several holes so that the pedals can be installed closer or forward (my kids will also want to play). However, I'm not very sure about my idea. Will the attachment be firm? Will the installation and uninstallation be fast and easy as I presume? Do you have any better idea? As regard the attachment I've also considered using that kind of squared metal tubes that insert one into the other, but working with iron is more difficult for me.

baquet-pedales-7.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm ready to order all the pieces of MDF. I've finally decided to make just one central link, using 2 pieced of wood glued together so that it's more rigid.

baquet-pedales-8.jpg

Upvote 0
If you're using a load cell brake, you might find that your rig bends in the middle when applying force to the brake. I had to screw in a metal strap down one side when I built something similar a few years ago.

Have you thought about using aluminium profile instead ?

Upvote 0
My pedals are set quite vertical so most of the force will be horizontal when pressing the brake. Anyway, if there's any vertical force I don't think than bending a short piece of 19 mm MDF is that easy. Well, consider I will be using two pieces of MDF, attached with glue and with screews, so the link will be 38 mm thick and very strong. I don't like the idea of using aluminium. It requires too many connections and the result is woobly most of the times.

Upvote 0
Might work. This is what I had to do when I found that my build was bending:-

DSC01876.JPG

It's one piece of 19mm MDF for the whole base. I built it a couple of years ago but now I'm thinking of replacing it with one made from aluminium profile. I don't think you need to worry about stiffness with aluminium rigs if it's designed properly. It will also be much more adjustable and might be better with shakers. When I tried a bass shaker on my rig, I wasn't that impressed. It worked but I think the MDF/wood absorbed too much of the vibration.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing