General Placing mods outside main directory

Adding cars, tracks, skins, etc into the main \Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\ folder works just as expected.
But I was hoping that I could use the Documents folder instead, and thus leave the original installation untouched. But placing files into C:\Users\****\Documents\Assetto Corsa\Content\cars, tracks, textures... does not work, even though this is the same folder structure as in the main installation folder.
Is there a way this can be done? That way all my modded and add-on content would be in a separate place.
If not, what is this folder structure in the Documents folder used for?

Adding cars, tracks, skins, etc into the main \Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\ folder works just as expected.
But I was hoping that I could use the Documents folder instead, and thus leave the original installation untouched. But placing files into C:\Users\****\Documents\Assetto Corsa\Content\cars, tracks, textures... does not work, even though this is the same folder structure as in the main installation folder.
Is there a way this can be done? That way all my modded and add-on content would be in a separate place.
If not, what is this folder structure in the Documents folder used for?
No, mods have to be installed in the steam folder structure and theres no way around that.

The folder structure in Documents is for setups, logs, settings, screenshots, and so on.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 183 66.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 117 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 126 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 53 19.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 75 27.4%
Back