1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pizza was almost declared a "vegetable" by Congress weeks ago.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mohameddo-san, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Was Bernie Ecclestone on this Congress by any chance? Sounds like exactly the sort of thing he would some up with.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Whats wrong with the tomato sauce on Pizza's? I think its the cheese and grease that is the problem with pizza's :)

An authentic Italian pizza uses fresh tomato sauce and there is nothing wrong with that, pretty healty :)

4. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium Member

Ah but we are forgetting that a tomato is technically a fruit.

5. Bram

Bram

Oh thats new to me :) Really? What is the difference between a veggy and a fruit then?

6. Tomato is a vegetable. Content differentiates vegetables and fruits mainly. But of course both fruits and vegetables contain a lot of valuable and important components.
    The plant itself is in the family of potatoes btw.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Actually, botanically, the Tomato is a fruit. It is just treated and cooked as a vegetable

8. Bram

Bram

As long as meat is not a fruit or veggy I am good :)

9. Anyways, the sauce is a product made from a vegetable. Especially because of the added components.
    And the pizza can be max. vegetarian, but I prefer Hungarian (salami rules!) or Bolognese (spaghetti/macaroni/penne/lasagne/pizza, all good).:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Well what can we all say but "Only in America". One would think they would of smartened up a bit after "Freedom Fries" but guess not.

11. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

All Meat double cheese for me! :p Gf can't stand it lol! so we order half/halfs:)

12. As long as there is BACON around... :cool:

I also like Europeen fancy Pizzas :p

13. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Lol! I have not eaten Bacon strips since the last Bacon fiasco! Only Premeal or Back Bacon.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Still it's better than fiddling with foreign country's affairs, do please move on working on your local "issues" please :p

15. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium Member

To quote:

A glossy red, or occasionally yellow, pulpy edible fruit that is typically eaten as a vegetable or in salad.

16. You see I'm not a botanist. Product taxonomy tells it's a vegetable. Nutritional value wise it's like a vegetable, it's used like a vegetable. + here it's told in every school it's a vegetable, and tbh I never read the opposite anywhere until now. But I guess it doesn't really matter:)

17. yes tomato it's a fruit same for eggplants,cucumbers and zucchini.
    There arent a line that divide clearly fruits from vegetables,we can say that fruits born from flowers (zucchini) vegetables from plants,but this definition it's not complete imho

18. I think it's the seeds that make it a fruit.

• Like Like x 1