1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Pitstop glitch?

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Veselko Lakobrija, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Hey drivers
    Found something weird, happend in a few races of my 2nd season, maybe even in 1st season but i didn´t notice it.
    When im in lead and go to scheduled pitstop (i always take it) after driving out im in 5th - 9th, usualy 6th place. Make one overtake, 2 if having a really good day within the same lap. That puts me in 4th place, now during the next lap or a lap after, leader goes in, atleast thats what engineer tells me, at this point i am already checking the gap but without even being close to finnish/start straight i get bumped to a 1st place.
    I don´t think this is normal behavior at all. Why is this happening? Or is anybody else experiancing this?
    I play on PS3 if that makes any differance.

2. i wanted to make a post about this, but i can tell you why this is happening sometimes.
    It is because some drivers go 2 times within 2 or 3 laps at pitstop, and i saw why they are doing this...
    For example, they start with Option tires, in lap 5 they go in pitstop, but the problem is they take again Option tyres ( considering the fact i make 20% race length ), so in lap 7 they enter again, because of that ''mistake'' and they take Prime wich is mendatory.

I dont know if this is a bug or just mistakes that AI makes

EDIT: next time when this happens, pause game and go at RACE DIRECTOR, and u will see how many pitstops they have, i do that when i see i go suddenly up on position and it always shows for example BUtton that was leader, goes on 16th because of another unprogrammed pitstop:eek:

3. Well that´s one explanation, still why we getting bumped to a 1st place without even overtaking remaining cars?

4. ummm, ok that it never happened to me, i never had really big bugs like that one, except this ''mistake'' that i told you, my game is i can say perfect

5. Nice. I´ll look into RACE DIRECTOR to see what is going on there during pitstops. Wasn´t sure how to use that feature, but now i got one.

6. yeah,this annoys me too! hope someone can fix it

7. To me it happened twice.
    The first, I was 7 s behind my teammate Trulli and I didn´t noticed that he had stopped in the pits and i also entered the pits but the pit crew was unprepared i even saw some of the guys exiting the garage with tires and a wing in their hands because a i had the wing damaged, and my pitstop was 17 s.
    The second i was in front of him by 3 s and I stopped in my programed pitstop and he entered the pitlane to, but he didn´t stop, he pited again in the next lap, he has´t been punished because nothing appeared on the race director and so I managed to get ahead of him and also gain time.
    I think this happens because the new pitstop system is worse than last year, almost all ai drivers are stoping in the same laps and if we stop to, its a mess!! One more innovation from cm to drivers of the same team piting at same time.
    Now i´m piting earlier or later than my team mate but the ai is stiil piting at same time.