Pitstop and Fuel

just wondering: for a long race:
when and where can I tell the pit-crew how much fuel to tank during a pit-stop?
couldn't find a way in the "onboard-menu" and the "strategy-settings" in the Garage-1 are grayed out?!
so how can I setup my strategy before starting a race?

Thats a good idea. Run, say 50 laps on accelerated time and see how long before the AI pit. Then adjust your race length and/or tyre wear to get the number and frequency of pit stops where you want them. I will try this when I get chance :)

Well it seems that the minis AI can go a long way on a set of tires. Did 50 laps with fuel off on accelerated time about one and half hours and they never stoped for tires. Then did a other race and put tire wear on x7 and they went in at around 30 min. So you can have a longer race and still need to pit for tires. I'm hoping that my tire wear is the same as the AI. Have not tested other cars yet.

Good try Paul, at least there is a way of doing it.

In the meantime, I have found that it IS possible to have refuelling in F3 and FClassic !
But you have to use an old hdv file from the original GSC 2010. The downside of this is, I have no way of knowing if the physics wre changed on either of these cars.
BUT I have tried fast laps in both cars (F3 and FClassic from Both versions), and they seem to handle the same as far as I can tell.

Fuel off - Tire wear on. You can do longer races. With pitting.

Testing done at Interlagos
AI strength at 100%

Pit times for AI

Mini - Tire wear x7 = 30 minutes
F3 - Tire wear x4 = 21 min
Classic - Tire wear x4 = 24 min
F1 - Tire wear x3 = 21 min
V8s - Tire wear x7 = 27 min

Cheers

I solved my problem. GSC2012 before the 1.1 update is a GREAT GAME! And it allows you to refuel..
SO I just installed the original game in C:\GSC2012, then installed it again in another folder, did the update, so I have BOTH games. I just created shortcuts to the exe files and I can run Minis (or the other cars) without refueling, just like in real life, OR I can run the original game (which is just fine in my opinion) and have longer races with refueling. The cars are still great, the AI is still great, I just don't get the minis.
So I put myself on a "career". I have to finish a championship in the Mini's in the top 10 in order to "allow" myself to advance to the StockV8 cars.. Then I'll run the other game and make my races long!

Point taken guys. Unfortunately sometimes you need to make design decisions that involve compromises, this was one.

If there is another update with .exe changes we´ll review this, but it must be said that this is not planned for now.

OK Reiza, here's a cheeky request then ;)
Any chance you would be willing to post the mini_challenge.hdv file for downloading, for those of us who want to edit the offline refuelling?
(Well, it was worth a try :) )

That's another good suggestion Dave, but for me part of the fun of using the refuel in longer races, is the way it adds to the realism - it shuffles the pack; it means the driver has to use the pit limiter properly, bringing the possibility of speeding penalty into play; also the hdv file contains pit timing variations in length of time to change tyre/refuel/repair damage, so there are some small random variations in length of pitstops, which all add to the mix. I have also seen some cars go one stop and others do two, and some run out of fuel on the last lap, all adding to the 'realism'.

It wouldnt help, it doesn´t work like textures and such where it picks up the loose edited files in a folder.
I have been able to get F3 and FClassic refuelling enabled by pointing the veh file to a custom hdv and then inserting the custom hdv in the old location where hdv used to be.
I even managed the same thing with the mini using a makeshift hdv - it enabled the fuel but it was undrivable as I did not have the correct settings in the rest of the hdv :(

Oh yes, that would work.

There´s another roadblock though, in that we naturally wish to protect our physics work - that´s why the files are not available to begin with.

We´ll have a think about it. No promises for now :)

Once again, thank you for replying, and of course I respect that consideration completely. Maybe you may decide to make a minor amendment yourselves in due course? I don't like to ask that, as I have not forgotten the update is free, and is already brilliant.
But honestly, all I can say is, I am grateful that you would even think about it, so thank you.

Could we turn off fuel usage and keep tire wear on? Could we have a longer race this way and still need to pit for tires? Would this work with the AI?

I have just finished a race with Stockcar at "Brasilia stock car" with real lenght of 40 minutes+1 lap, AI made a pitstop for tires, I didn't make a pitstop but left tires were much wear, I finished with 1 liter of ethanol, 40 min + 1 formation lap + 1 lap + 1 lap for going back to pit

AI made a pitstop for tires

Yep, your right oppolo. Just tested the V8s at Brasilia and Interlagos on a 40 min race, fuel on, tire wear on, set on normal and all did a pitstop starting at around 20 min. So the V8s are pitting after 20 min. :) Will be testing the other cars on normal settings. But I do know that the Minis can go a long ways on a set of tires, but will test again.

Hi there,
I'm having a struggle with AI tire wear.
First of all, I think it's disappointing re-fuelling is disabled.
To make the AI do a 'compulsory' pitstop I am fiddling with tire wear.
With tire wear rate at 7x, my tires are gone in about 10-11 laps (at Curituba).
The AI pit after 20 laps for new tires, so their tires wear at about half the speed of mine.
This makes it impossible to have a race with pitstops.

Is there a way to adjust the AI's tire wear independent from mine?
I've searched through some files, but couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back