Pitstop and Fuel

just wondering: for a long race:
when and where can I tell the pit-crew how much fuel to tank during a pit-stop?
couldn't find a way in the "onboard-menu" and the "strategy-settings" in the Garage-1 are grayed out?!
so how can I setup my strategy before starting a race?

You need to do it while you are in the race it self. Hit the "enter button" to toggle through the menus in the bottom right screen. There is one where you can adjust fuel and tirepressures for your upcoming pitstop. With the arrow keys you can adjust the values as you desire.

Yes, but this can be changed if you want. Go to- GameData/Vehicles/F3/HDV File. Go down to PITMENU and change 0 to1 for fuel(0 for off and 1 for on). You can also change tire and wing settings for the menu.This can be done to all cars. Keep in mind that these changes will effect online play so back your files.

Cheers!

Sorry to dig up this old thread but since 1.1 there is no hdv file.
I created a text file called MINI_CHALLENGE.hdv and inside I have just three lines:

[PITMENU]
StopGo=1
Fuel=1

Should this work? It sits in the MiniChallenge root where the ini files are. I found that I see the option to refuel there for an instant, then it dissappears.

No refueling for all cars :( I think that Reiza made a bad decision on this one.
Unfortunately (as I don't want to moan about reiza) I must agree. This is the best driving sim experience I've ever bought, particularly the minis and the formula classics. But offline, I always spend a fair bit of time making adjustments to make the racing against AI close and challenging for my own ability. Using the tyre wear, refuelling, and being able to edit hdv and engine files to create a spread of ability down the grid, made this possible. It's such a shame that this has been removed.

just wondering: for a long race:
when and where can I tell the pit-crew how much fuel to tank during a pit-stop?
couldn't find a way in the "onboard-menu" and the "strategy-settings" in the Garage-1 are grayed out?!
so how can I setup my strategy before starting a race?
Refueling is no longer possible in game stock car after the latest update.Rieze has decided to take this away from us because they do not refuel in Brazil.I think this desision is:poop:

I would just like to point out one thing.Before the update and when there was refueling there were no post with people complaning that there is refueling in the game when they do not have refueling in Brazil racing.Some don't really care if you can refuel,a fair number do care.There are two games right now competing for my attention,GSC and r-factor2.Honestly i find myself liking rf2 much more.This decision Rieza has made tilts things even more toward rf2 for me.GSC is very good,but is not exactly feature rich.Now there is one less feature,a very inportant feature imo.I Understand that you are simulating your racing in your country and that is great but why can't you at least leave the option open to enable refueling in the game files for those that would like that option for online or offline races.

Point taken guys. Unfortunately sometimes you need to make design decisions that involve compromises, this was one.

If there is another update with .exe changes we´ll review this, but it must be said that this is not planned for now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back