Pit stops

After that we must (unofficial opinion) have it!

I still don't understand why basic features that people love to try out aren't ready for a 1.0 release. I rather have a postponed release with all basic functions ready than having to wait for 1.1, 1.2 release.

I still don't understand why basic features that people love to try out aren't ready for a 1.0 release. I rather have a postponed release with all basic functions ready than having to wait for 1.1, 1.2 release.

I have very very little experience with programming, but I get the impression, just thinking about it, that pit stops are probably very complicated to program, especially if you want them done well.

I don't really mind if they're implemented post 1.0, just as long as it's done well.

As an alternative I'd like to see at least something implemented to fix damage for example.

Its pretty pointless to have online races and the moment you get some damage you have to quite the game as its not possible to fix it.

So its either online racing without collisions or take a hit and quit.

Both aren't very good options.

I really love the feel and driving of AC , but as we draw closer to a release (1.0) i start to think that they should have hired some more people to help them out.
I can see for example:
Project cars are adding some awesome sounds, RRRE also has awesome sounds. Watching some videos from these games make me want to drive them. The Z4 GT3 has nice sounds in this game so its one of those cars i drive because it sounds awesome, although i prefer the driving style of the McLaren GT3.
Basic functions are not there, for example Pit stops, weather etc.
Some functions that should be here by now are very very late, for example damage and the close to 0 speed physics.
I don't want to get into detail, but some of the points above are basic stuff that are going to put off many buyers when the final version comes in.
I really want AC to succeed and i would prefer if they delayed to September for a fully featured product.

All of the above are just my personal opinion and i think many people who want to race in leagues agree with me: Even at 1.0 , serious league racing will probably not be possible. I just don't see all the features coming together for 1.0 and working correctly.

I really love the feel and driving of AC , but as we draw closer to a release (1.0) i start to think that they should have hired some more people to help them out.
I can see for example:
Project cars are adding some awesome sounds, RRRE also has awesome sounds. Watching some videos from these games make me want to drive them. The Z4 GT3 has nice sounds in this game so its one of those cars i drive because it sounds awesome, although i prefer the driving style of the McLaren GT3.
Basic functions are not there, for example Pit stops, weather etc.
Some functions that should be here by now are very very late, for example damage and the close to 0 speed physics.
I don't want to get into detail, but some of the points above are basic stuff that are going to put off many buyers when the final version comes in.
I really want AC to succeed and i would prefer if they delayed to September for a fully featured product.

All of the above are just my personal opinion and i think many people who want to race in leagues agree with me: Even at 1.0 , serious league racing will probably not be possible. I just don't see all the features coming together for 1.0 and working correctly.

Gotta agree with what Stelios wrote

A good alternative would be to make a drive thru system that fixes all your damage and fuel the moment you drive through the pitlane once. No fancy pitstop animations needed imo.

Not sure how hard that is to code though.

Some Kunos guy said they plan releasing in April.
I cant see that happening.

A good alternative would be to make a drive thru system that fixes all your damage and fuel the moment you drive through the pitlane once. No fancy pitstop animations needed imo.

Not sure how hard that is code though.

Couldn't agree more.
I just cant believe they havent coded anything concerning PIT stops in the 3+ years developing AC.

Not sure how hard that is to code though.
Wouldn't that be kinda cheap? I mean, Race07 and rFactor had pitstops, so I'm pretty sure AC can have it as well.

My opinion is that pitstops are a part of racing, a very important part and therefore I'd like to see some advanced pitstops coming to AC. They don't have to be there in 1.0, but maybe in the future.

Whilst I find it hard to believe that Kunos wouldn't have developed any sort of pitstop system in the 3+ years of developing AC, they've obviously not optimized it properly or enough yet to deem it implementable by the time 1.0 rolls around.

However, I also believe (and hope) that Kunos have been sandbagging when it comes to releasing content. I think they have quite a bit of content in hand to be released when 1.0 comes out. I mean, we've seen screenshots and videos of some content that they've not even mentioned in releasing just yet, over a year ago.

I'm quite optimistic tbh.

I partially agree with you, but not matter how much sandbagging they have done, if there are bugs popping out they don't have enough people to respond fast i believe, thats what worries me most. Showstoppers that take too long to fix / implement.

MHO is that pit-stops are crucial for any hardcore Sim. You have to have them or "they will not come.." I can wait for them, but they need to make an announcement at least to let us know around when it will be implemented that way people like me will not ask dumb questions....:confused: And on another note... MP is something that would be nice to play around with even if it only allows 4-6 drivers in a session to help with the testing for there servers or hosting platform before the 1.0 release, that way they will be getting invaluable feedback on any issues it might have. Again.. just MHO..

While I obviously have no statistics to back this up, I believe that the average gamer don't care about pit stops, and since Kunos has to think about appaeling to as broad a market as possible to get as many sales as possible to fund future development, I think it makes sense to focus on other features with a broader appeal.

I rather have a postponed release with all basic functions ready than having to wait for 1.1, 1.2 release.
I don't see why they should delay the release, I've had great fun with what's available to date. There's so much driving that can be done without pitstops, delaying the game would serve no purpose.

I think the modding community may be able to implement a type of pit stops in the interim. with the race weekend in game now, you can drive into the pits, hit escape and go to pits. If modders introduced another button that only became available when you were sitting in your pitbox "pit" you could reset tyres, damage and fuel. The only problem would be the stop would be fairly short and the same pretty much regardless of what changes you make, unless a countdown timer could be put in.

My opinion is that it's because the game is being rushed to full release, but for good reason. Don't get me wrong, Kunos is doing marvevlous work but this game has been in development since late 2011 and they're likely looking to capitalize on their momentum. They know they have the sim community buzzing since the early access release on Steam but staying in alpha or beta stage too long kills all the excitement for a game...(I'm looking at you rFactor2.) From a business standpoint, it makes sense to go full release soon because they have a solid foundation for a sim racer already. Look at their content and feature list already and its comparable to any other PC racing sim on the market, not named iRacing. So in summary, why not go ahead and release it, then slowly continue to add features that people want later for free. Lots of games update features through patches after the release date these days. If they keep pushing full release back to add more features that people want, it will never reach full release and risk the perception that it will always be a work in progress, ie. beta.

Last edited:
Agree fully with what @Blkout said. I wanted to say more in my previous post but I have some issues when writing on my phone (gonna make a post about that seperately). I want pitstops as well, so I'm not saying I don't care, just saying I think I understand why they are postponing it and it makes sense (if I'm right that is xD).
But as I said in the R3E section of these boards, I agree with @Bram Hengeveld that they don't need to add pitstops with working animations and the full shebang at once, just add the functionality first, then patch in the bells and whistles as they get done.

MHO is that pit-stops are crucial for any hardcore Sim. You have to have them or "they will not come.." I can wait for them, but they need to make an announcement at least to let us know around when it will be implemented that way people like me will not ask dumb questions....:confused: And on another note... MP is something that would be nice to play around with even if it only allows 4-6 drivers in a session to help with the testing for there servers or hosting platform before the 1.0 release, that way they will be getting invaluable feedback on any issues it might have. Again.. just MHO..
Can't agree more

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back