Pit Stop problem

Hi. I am from Georgia - Tbilisi. Me and my friend decided to do our Country Track http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rustavi_International_Motorpark Our track was updated and now we have new circle. Much better than previous.

Official page : Rustavi International Motorpark

In game preview

10a62db3b7a6.jpg

13d910d93fd1.jpg

Someone can help us? we made pits, but car don't damage after hitting wall. It look like this. How to fix problem?

2bd49ccf9e01.jpg

d6476f5081ef.jpg

New pit stop

8cc2a18c31b0.jpg

First realise - Rustavi Beta 1 version. Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sm7hifs35vt2a78

Working process :

61eed6b0f594.jpg

085ea2986ce6.jpg

de3865eb47f6.jpg

8834466b8b18.jpg

It's our first work, Hope people like it. Lot of work to do.

Mangolesti

Hi. How are you ?
Hows the pitbuilding looking, any new pictures yet?
No news yet :( I try make it in google sketchup and watch photo match lessons, but it hard work.
I'm bored atm because it's snowing outside, I was thinking about having a go at making another building. I'm not sure which one to try yet.
p. s. Where you from ?

There is little progress.

ecc3c904797c.jpg

61eed6b0f594.jpg

646811619958.jpg

I'm from the UK.

I dont use photomatch, I generally just make a big block first, draw the details on one side and use the push pull tool. Usually I just guess the size from the garage measurements and by looking at the pictures. I will have a go at the pitbuilding, and let you know how far I get at the weekend.
:thumbsup:

I was thinking about making the gas station, but I cant find any good pictures of it.

Your work is Looking good sti228 :thumbsup:

The pitbuilding is starting to take shape, but progress is slow.
I've opted to try and model the rear of the pitbuilding, as it maybe visible from trackside camera's.
I cant see the rear very clearly, but i will do the best i can from looking at the pair racing photos.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

6.jpg

Mangoletsi
Your work is Looking good sti228
Yes. My and my friends work looks good, but your work looks amazing. That's awesome !

The pitbuilding is starting to take shape, but progress is slow.
I've opted to try and model the rear of the pitbuilding, as it maybe visible from trackside camera's.
I cant see the rear very clearly, but i will do the best i can from looking at the pair racing photos.

I have only 2 pictures of rear side. maybe it will help you a little : http://s1191.beta.photobucket.com/user/sti228/library/

Today me and my friend started to make terrain in game. I watch this video and do the same thing, but in game terrain is invisible. it's only visible when i start use free camera.

Hi sti228,

In BTB, open the object menu/edit and select the terrain. tick the option to render the terrain, and change the LOD IN value to 0, and LOD OUT value to 2000.
;)

Thanks for the photo's, I will try and keep working on the pitbuilding probably Thursday evening.
This is by far, the biggest building I've ever attempted to make. I hope it works afterwards
:unsure:

Kennett Ylitalo
Faces show invisible on one side and visible on the others side. If you need to use both sides, you have to assign a material to it with "Double-Sided" marked in the Venue Materials.

Note: Double-Sided materials take double amount of performance, as much as same amount of additional faces would. So consider where to use double side and where to use one sided, the preferred type. Additional faces save performance but increase memory load.. On those simple objects like in the screenies, you can use what ever, i would use double side. They are so lo poly that it doesn't really matter.

AFAIK on double sided faces, both sides are calculated everytime we see any portion of that face. That's why it's usually wise to use one sided materials and solve the reverse side dilemma using other means.

I search this Double-Sided, but can't find it in BTB. Can you tell me where it is ?

Hello sti228,

It's not in BTB, its in Xpacker when your making the xpacks.
When you import your model, there are tabs along the top. click on the materials tab, and tick the box what asks is this material double sided.
;)

Sorry, I haven't been able to work on the pitbuilding this week as planned.
:(

I'm still struggling to see the details of the rear. I'm going to try and ask someone on youtube called Vano M.D if they have any pictures. He seems to be uploading new videos from the track every few days.
:thumbsup:

Today i test our work, but find some strange things. Can someone tell me why objects look like this ?

d1cac781d281.jpg
Some sides of object look invisible.

Faces show invisible on one side and visible on the others side. If you need to use both sides, you have to assign a material to it with "Double-Sided" marked in the Venue Materials.

Note: Double-Sided materials take double amount of performance, as much as same amount of additional faces would. So consider where to use double side and where to use one sided, the preferred type. Additional faces save performance but increase memory load.. On those simple objects like in the screenies, you can use what ever, i would use double side. They are so lo poly that it doesn't really matter.

AFAIK on double sided faces, both sides are calculated everytime we see any portion of that face. That's why it's usually wise to use one sided materials and solve the reverse side dilemma using other means.

Making a texture double sided can also be done in the materials window just as Erwin said....
Ive fixed several things in BTB in this way...

Can you show me how you did it Lee or Erwin, as I've never seen anyone make a texture on an object double sided from within BTB.
:confused:

Go to material settings, find the material, open it (double click from memory), window becomes half-sized & down the bottom left there is a button which asks 'Is this material to be double-sided?'
Click that & then 'OK' it & exit & Export...
I'd post pictures but I can no longer get photobucket working for me again...sorry
I'll see if I can find some way around my picture posting troubles & get back to you if no-one else has by then.

085ea2986ce6.jpg

Sorry, I haven't been able to work on the pitbuilding this week as planned.
No problem, i made some work, but it's unfinished.

I'm still struggling to see the details of the rear. I'm going to try and ask someone on youtube called Vano M.D if they have any pictures. He seems to be uploading new videos from the track every few days.
yes, i know Vano M.D. He give me a 3D model of RIM.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back