Pit Stop problem

Hi. I am from Georgia - Tbilisi. Me and my friend decided to do our Country Track http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rustavi_International_Motorpark Our track was updated and now we have new circle. Much better than previous.

Official page : Rustavi International Motorpark

In game preview

10a62db3b7a6.jpg

13d910d93fd1.jpg

Someone can help us? we made pits, but car don't damage after hitting wall. It look like this. How to fix problem?

2bd49ccf9e01.jpg

d6476f5081ef.jpg

New pit stop

8cc2a18c31b0.jpg

First realise - Rustavi Beta 1 version. Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sm7hifs35vt2a78

Working process :

61eed6b0f594.jpg

085ea2986ce6.jpg

de3865eb47f6.jpg

8834466b8b18.jpg

It's our first work, Hope people like it. Lot of work to do.

Hi. I want to start doing track from the beginning and i would like to make it as close to reality.

Below is a real track Specifications. I am interesting... bob track builder have Function to make real dimension road ? How size work in this program ? Or can i Assign Turn degrees ? For example if road turn is 90 degrees. can i make Identical turn in bob track builder ? and If the track length is 8 Step how i can assign this in program ? It's possible ?

Specification Size
Length 4.140 kilometres (2.572 mi)
Minimum width 12.5 metres (41 ft)
Maximum width 18.5 metres (61 ft)
Length of start-finish straight 667 metres (2,188 ft)
Maximum speed estimate for GP2 car 282 kilometres per hour (175 mph)
Direction Counterclockwise
Maximum longitudinal rise 3.16%
Maximum longitudinal fall 2.5%
Minimum lateral slope 1.75%
Maximum lateral slope 8%
Turns 7 left, 5 right
Grandstand capacity at the first stage of operation T1 - 2500, T2 - 2000, T3 - 3000
Number of pits 28
Size of pit garage 6 by 14 metres (20 ft × 46 ft)

Best is collaboration with Google Earth and 3D route builder to get exact heights and use satellite image for realigning and finding track width/shape. When you have confirmed length, that'll make everything easier as you can resize it at any time to that length to double check everything.:)

If you track is between 60degrees north and 60 degrees south you get pretty good, accurate enough data to get your track made without never visiting the site.

Kennett Ylitsalo
Best is collaboration with Google Earth and 3D route builder to get exact heights and use satellite image for realigning and finding track width/shape.
Good idea, but there is one problem. Problem is Google Earth, because it has very old photo of track. Example: Rustavi and new track look like this.

Rustavi_track_configuration_1.png
There is other satellite image, where track looks normal ? like it is nowadays.

Hi. Can someone help. I have good 3d model of this track in 3ds max and AutoCAD. But i have no idea how i can open it in bob track builder or export it in game. There is some usefull information ? Can i import track from 3ds max 2009 in rfactor ?

5f4564d55935.jpg

ebrich
Thanks. Can i ask one question. I always have this problem when i try to import image in bob track builder. picture dimension is 1280 X 617, but when i open it in bob track builder Add a background image - program change picture Height and Width. Why it's happened ?

22a8ae3b1fe6.jpg

98583ccfb8e0.jpg

ebrich
So although you have the track half finished (from what I can see in the pictures) you want to start from the beginning?
Ok. I have 2 track in my pc. One made by me and my friend. A week ago we contact this page and track maker www.rustavi1.com After that they give me this model. Track is made in program Autocad 2011. I try to import it in 3DS max, but I couldn't done it. Now I am confused to which route transfer in game. Yes i think to make track from beginning, but i must go in track and make some pictures of track.

Can i import terrain from Google Earth, in BTB whith Height ?

I've just reread through your thread, here and at Nogrip, and had a look at your track. I can understand why you want to restart the track. Looks good in the photos but lacks reality plus there are all the other parts of the track still to do and that's going to be a pain getting it correct, by eye. Plus of course the surrounding terrain.

First go into G Earth and trace a path of the main track

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1ib2rbk8npubg5u

This is not a 5 minute process and it may not even work the first time but once you've cracked it, it is pretty easy.

You can then use the same process for the pieces of secondary tracks (open track as opposed to a closed track for the main) and join them to the main in BTB to get a realistic layout with elevations.

Get that done and you'll only have another couple of years work to finish it;).
(Only joking. Well almost!!)

Sorry for disturb you, but can i ask you question. There is lesson how to convert track in rfactor using 3DSimED ( example v2.16 ). I import second track in 3DS file, than open in 3DSimED an export es GMT file, but after that i need Packaging it if i am not mistaken. There is some lessons about it ? Have no idea, what to do whit this GMT files after that ( i have 446 gmt file in folder ).

I only want to try how this making track looks like in game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back