1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pit stop animations in rFactor 2

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Bram, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Seems that we will be having (some kind of) pit stop animations in rF2 (see attached tweet)

2. Hope so. But more hoping we have Ghost Collision in the pits.
    Will make things so much easier with bigger grids etc. :)
  3. Ivo > NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a sim, not a child game :frown:
  4. Believe me if you organise leagues with big grids you want the pits like in RACE. ;)
    The sharing pitboxes and garages is a pain.
  5. But you can stand on half of a place and the second car can stand on the other half and both will do their pits.
  6. Bram

I hope they don't add ghost pit stop. I find that really lame in RACE 07 and iRacing to be honest.
  7. +1 , Ghost pit stop is very lame, a sim needs to be realistic, I wouldn't like at all that option. I'm looking forward to those animations :)
  8. Lame or not. Its annoying if you want to do a endurance on a track with 40 cars and you only have 30 spots.
    Sure you can edit the pitstalls but not everybody can do that. This would be a way easier solution.
    Sure a sim needs to be realistic as possible. But there are limits. Where you need to compromise in a game.
    As League admin i would be happy if they do.
  9. Well, if they make it, at least they should make it optional.
  10. Erik Tveit

Erik Tveit
    I can haz cookie?

Talk with Callan, he will teach you I guess (Thinking of the 20 pit stalls grid on vålerbanen that became 44. :)
  11. I know how to do it. ;)
    But its extra work and on some tracks difficult to find any space. Wich is all solved if they just implement Ghost in pits. (only as option is all oke for me)
  12. Bram

Oh yes definitely true!
  13. Has there been any pictures/animations of these animations yet? :)
  14. Very simple task to do once you have been shown how to use the rFactor AIW editor. I might make a video tutorial if there isn't already one out there.