F1 2010 Pit in Button on G25

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Laxatron

@Simberia
Hi guys,

a little off topic but do you guys know where the pit in button is on the wheel. I have a G25 too and can´t find the damn pit in button where I can inform my team that I will come in. And 2nd how do I tell them to put on intermediates, the dumb box crew allways puts on the first tire they see and can grab. That drives me nuts since I can´t remap the settings in the game or try them if they work. I have pretty much pressed all the buttons in race but for the heck of me I can´t locate the darn pit in button.

And boy this game is hard...

Hi guys,

a little off topic but do you guys know where the pit in button is on the wheel. I have a G25 too and can´t find the damn pit in button where I can inform my team that I will come in. And 2nd how do I tell them to put on intermediates, the dumb box crew allways puts on the first tire they see and can grab. That drives me nuts since I can´t remap the settings in the game or try them if they work. I have pretty much pressed all the buttons in race but for the heck of me I can´t locate the darn pit in button.

And boy this game is hard...

Go to My F1 in the Paddock and have a look at the presets for the G25. Or else use the custom setup.

Thank you, I have found the button. For anyone else searching for that info, it´s the top most button on the gear box from the G25.
Now I still haven´t figured out how to tell the pit crew that they should fit intermediates or wet tires, anyone know.

Did cost me the race in Monaco while coming in when it started to rain and the damn crew fit slicks on again 0_o

Thank you, I have found the button. For anyone else searching for that info, it´s the top most button on the gear box from the G25.
Now I still haven´t figured out how to tell the pit crew that they should fit intermediates or wet tires, anyone know.

Did cost me the race in Monaco while coming in when it started to rain and the damn crew fit slicks on again 0_o

On my G25 it is the large circular button in the middle of the gear changer (right below where "pit in" button was found). Press it once when you enter the pits and then you select either wing or tires. A second menu is presented on the screen where you make a second selection for your tire type.

You mean when you come into the pit lane you press the Pit in button once again to make the tyre type menu appear on screen. Cause I´ve never seen that menu when I entered the pit.
Besides the damn manual states the tyre, wing, engine menu is on position 2 on the OSD, but in my case I never happened to see that.
Is it possible that my driving view influences this, I´m driving as if I would sit in the cockpit... as close to reality as possible.
But I´m not going to the hospital after a crash.. :-S

VAC is the solution for tyre/wing and mapping choice.You don't have to have the annoying confirmation of the commands either. Unfortunately, it doesn't enable you to tell your Engineer just what you think of him.
Also it is easy to edit the G25 profile in the game (not the Logitech Profiler) to map the buttons any way you wish.
On my G25 I use the buttons on the wheel for "Look Back" on the left and "Request Pit" on the right, along with "Camera", "Return" "Pause" and "Enter" along the bottom of the gear shift.

So how do you change the buttons in game, I can´t change anything there. Can you please explain in detail how you change the button presets? And I´ve never seen that menu on the left in the OSD.

thanks for the replies, besides it was some good info but didn´t answer my question(s).

You mean when you come into the pit lane you press the Pit in button once again to make the tyre type menu appear on screen. Cause I´ve never seen that menu when I entered the pit.
Besides the damn manual states the tyre, wing, engine menu is on position 2 on the OSD, but in my case I never happened to see that.
Is it possible that my driving view influences this, I´m driving as if I would sit in the cockpit... as close to reality as possible.
But I´m not going to the hospital after a crash.. :-S

I bring up the tire type selection menu when I enter pit lane, not my pit stall. Too late by then to select the tire type. Oh and I also drive in the cockpit view, but I have most of the HUD displays disabled (not sure if that has anything to do with you not seeing this menu).

ah now I found the button for the quick menu, can´t believe I missed that before. It´s the directional button below the 4 topmost single buttons, there I get the quick menu for what tires to fit or wing and engine settings. Thank you very much all for helping me out.
And thank you ceegee for pointing me to the proper xml files. But thank god I don´t have to fiddle around with those..

cheers

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 57 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • < 5 years