1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Pirelli: 'Taking Situation Very Seriously'

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaceDepartment, Jul 1, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog

2. Thanks for the Deadly Caos to Mr. Charlie Whitting.

3. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes
    RDMCC S6 Champion

I think more Championships should bring in the 'Surprise Slicks'

4. They have to change it to what they initially wanted to before Lotus blocked them. Otherwise we could have a situation like Indy 2005 where most of the grid go on a strike.

5. This could happen. Did Ferrari block the change too?

Safety first I think.

6. I hope This time Lotus and SFI doesn't block the changes. Also Go for 2012 Tires as quickly as they can and Go for Aggressive Tire Choices. They are Safe and Produced Good Racing.

7. I really don't know why to blame SFI and Lotus for not allowing Pirelli to change the tires. Pirelli never stated to the teams that there is a saftey concern. They brought a modified tire to Montreal and wanted the teams opinion. If they want to use that tire during the race they need all the teams to agree.
    So tell me why should teams agree to that if they are a) fine with the current tires and b) there is no saftey issue.

If however Pirelli admits to the FIA that there is a saftey concern, they are allowed to change the tires without asking permission of the teams I belive.

8. Ferrari and Lotus now now needs to shut it. Regardless of their concerns.
    this isn't what the teams asked for.

9. Eric Jaeger

Eric Jaeger
    2012 GP2 Champion

I find it a bit odd that after the "illegal" tire test with Mercedes that they're having tire delamination issues. On another tire note, am I the only one that noticed that Alonso started on the opt when he qualified on the primes. I thought they couldn't change the tires they set a time on and if they did they got a grid penalty. Am I missing something?

10. He did a first attempt with prime tyres, then he ran his second try with option tyres.

• Like Like x 1
  11. [​IMG]