1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Piranha Xtreme Speedracer (PC33) -- Problems

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Ricoow, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Ricoow

420 Premium Member

Hi all,
    I've got a fairly old steering wheel (USB 2.0) and I've always had problems with the Acceleration of this steering wheel..
    The X-axis is good (aka Steering), but I can only accelerate (and brake) by 100% or 0%, which makes driving with out TC or ABS impossible...
    I have the latest software but in my Calibration Screen it is being recognized as Button 3 for Gas Pedal and Button 4 for Brake Pedal...
    If anybody has a solution for this please help me...

The steering wheel has 3 modes:
    Green light: X-Axis is same as explained above, Y-Axis idem,
    Red Light: Y-Axis is explained above,
    Green & Red Light: Nothing happens...
  2. Ricoow

420 Premium Member

Some help might be appreciated :(
    I get sick of spinning around because TC fails...
  3. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

It could be theres something wrong with the potentiometers, but its odd that it give out a reading of either off or on.

I would try downloading a few different version of drivers from the manufacturer of that wheel, see if older/newer or even drivers from a different model wheel make it any better.

Let us know how you get on :)
  4. Ricoow

420 Premium Member

Strange... It seems to recognize my gas pedal as Button 3 and Brake pedal as Button 4 now :S
    No movement on the Y-axis...

Further Info:
    Button 3 and 4 do work normally,
    I got nice lights at my steer telling me the amount of power i push onto my pedals, meaning that it does recognise different amounts of gas put in...

I can't find the current or the older software belonging to this steering wheel :O
  5. Ricoow

420 Premium Member

Problem solved in 2 ways:
    Have got an old steering wheel which steering is broken but Y-axis works like a charm,
    Problem with my current wheel is the third mode, its broken but required for Y-axis -,-'