1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Piranha Xtreme Speedracer (PC33) -- Problems

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Ricoow, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Ricoow

Ricoow
    RedShift Racing RDLMS #6 Premium

Ratings:
    +1,108
    Hi all,
    I've got a fairly old steering wheel (USB 2.0) and I've always had problems with the Acceleration of this steering wheel..
    The X-axis is good (aka Steering), but I can only accelerate (and brake) by 100% or 0%, which makes driving with out TC or ABS impossible...
    I have the latest software but in my Calibration Screen it is being recognized as Button 3 for Gas Pedal and Button 4 for Brake Pedal...
    If anybody has a solution for this please help me...

The steering wheel has 3 modes:
    Green light: X-Axis is same as explained above, Y-Axis idem,
    Red Light: Y-Axis is explained above,
    Green & Red Light: Nothing happens...

2. Ricoow

Ricoow

Ratings:
    +1,108
    Some help might be appreciated :(
    I get sick of spinning around because TC fails...

3. Kris Vickers

Kris Vickers
    Hardware Staff

Ratings:
    +13
    It could be theres something wrong with the potentiometers, but its odd that it give out a reading of either off or on.

I would try downloading a few different version of drivers from the manufacturer of that wheel, see if older/newer or even drivers from a different model wheel make it any better.

Let us know how you get on :)

4. Ricoow

Ricoow

Ratings:
    +1,108
    Strange... It seems to recognize my gas pedal as Button 3 and Brake pedal as Button 4 now :S
    No movement on the Y-axis...

Further Info:
    Button 3 and 4 do work normally,
    I got nice lights at my steer telling me the amount of power i push onto my pedals, meaning that it does recognise different amounts of gas put in...

I can't find the current or the older software belonging to this steering wheel :O

5. Ricoow

Ricoow

Ratings:
    +1,108
    Problem solved in 2 ways:
    Have got an old steering wheel which steering is broken but Y-axis works like a charm,
    Problem with my current wheel is the third mode, its broken but required for Y-axis -,-'