Piranha Xtreme Speedracer (PC33) -- Problems

Ricoow

Premium
Hi all,
I've got a fairly old steering wheel (USB 2.0) and I've always had problems with the Acceleration of this steering wheel..
The X-axis is good (aka Steering), but I can only accelerate (and brake) by 100% or 0%, which makes driving with out TC or ABS impossible...
I have the latest software but in my Calibration Screen it is being recognized as Button 3 for Gas Pedal and Button 4 for Brake Pedal...
If anybody has a solution for this please help me...

The steering wheel has 3 modes:
Green light: X-Axis is same as explained above, Y-Axis idem,
Red Light: Y-Axis is explained above,
Green & Red Light: Nothing happens...

It could be theres something wrong with the potentiometers, but its odd that it give out a reading of either off or on.

I would try downloading a few different version of drivers from the manufacturer of that wheel, see if older/newer or even drivers from a different model wheel make it any better.

Let us know how you get on :)

Upvote 0
Strange... It seems to recognize my gas pedal as Button 3 and Brake pedal as Button 4 now :S
No movement on the Y-axis...

Further Info:
Button 3 and 4 do work normally,
I got nice lights at my steer telling me the amount of power i push onto my pedals, meaning that it does recognise different amounts of gas put in...

I can't find the current or the older software belonging to this steering wheel :O

Upvote 0
Problem solved in 2 ways:
Have got an old steering wheel which steering is broken but Y-axis works like a charm,
Problem with my current wheel is the third mode, its broken but required for Y-axis -,-'

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 249 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 166 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years