Piracy

Game of Thrones, the most popular pirated show on the planet.

So what does Time Warner´s CEO think about it?

"If you go around the world, I think you're right, that Game of Thrones is the most pirated show in the world. Now that's better than an Emmy."

The director of the show also praised piracy saying it created a buzz around the TV show.
The author of the series say it´s a compliment even though he would like to not have it.

Piracy would be a larger problem, he said, if people who might subscribe to HBO were just downloading episodes for free — but "we don't see much of that." He compared it, instead, to cable splitting. "People have always been running wires down the back of apartment buildings and sharing with their neighbors," he said. "Our experience is, it all leads to more penetration, more paying subs and more health for HBO."

I find it really amazing that they can see that you won´t stop piracy and that it actually might be benefits coming from it.
The key for these people is to understand that most likely if someone haven´t paid for it, they probably never would.
Of course there´s a counter argument saying it´s stealing but it´s up for discussion.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/8/46...racy-better-than-an-emmy-says-time-warner-ceo

Game of thrones actually benefits greatly from piracy, many people don't have premium channels but want too keep up with the series, would download it weekly then by the DVD s ine they came in sale. If I'm not mistaken their DVD sales wetter higher than the actual view er numbers on the network.

With the level of technology present and the ease of file sharing piracy cant be stopped. That's just a harsh reality but then again another harsh reality is people nowadays rarely have THOUSANDS to drop on new software, and for those unaware software gets ridiculously pricey, I know very few people willing to pay 600 bucks for photo shop. Are they using the software commercially? No, are they on the street corner selling it to anyone for 20 bucks? No, and that's where I draw my line.

I believe in freedom to download whatever movie sites show or program I want under the condition I'm not selling someone else's work as my own or using commercial software for a business.(honestly the first is more important to me).

I support piracy. Especially with greedy publishers, like EA, Ubisoft.

I rather toss my money to a small dedicated team, that do great games and knows what quality is, than give EA any money at all. Until EA (and/or other greedy publishers) gets their act together. I will steal their games. Period.

If I download a game, and find it to be pure gold, 9 out 10, I will buy it.
Thanks to piracy I have come across many many games, that I have paid for later on. But also games that don't deserve to be talked about.

Demo's today is very rare, so there is no way I'm gonna waste €50.00 on a game that might turn out to be utterly crap.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 86 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 60 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 125 13.7%