Physics Fine-Tuning MOD | 2016

MGP16 Physics Fine-Tuning MOD | 2016 FINAL

Login or Register an account to download this content
I worked on the RC2 version for a couple of weeks and now it's time to share with you this test version.
I worked only on motogp physics because moto3 and moto2 bikes work pretty well at the moment: the tyre behaviour is brand new, the bike acts completely different than before and it's really easy to wash out the front.
Please report any suggestion and have fun.
It's just a test version. Yes, it's playable, but don't complain about the AI, it's just a physics test for now.
Thanks.

So I couldn't wait to test it..unfortunately I have found the time only now (1 am..:notworthy:)

I would rate this 5/5 just for the feeling you get when braking at turn 2 in Valencia.:geek:

Simply fantastic. This is something fresh!

I have only made some laps in Valencia, time trial mode (so no AI feedback or anything else, but as OP said this mod is not about AI for the moment).

I crashed at turn 13 twice at the beginning :cautious: and I have noticed that respawn does not work, the rider just lays down :sleep:. You have to rewind the game (not that this is a problem, actually I like it).
Then I simply couldn't stop!

When you hard-brake at turns 1 and 2 the bike oversteer and the feeling is just fantastic :x3:, You have to try it! Also doing turn 13 while leaning and then straighten the bike to brake for turn 14 is tricky but very very nice!

Be sure to push it to the limit to enjoy it! You must make few laps..

Be careful when exiting from turn 2 because the bike pumps a lot :confused:.

Sorry for the long answer...but it's hard to describe the feeling. For me it is amazing, very fun to play with. You need a controller.

It's very late and I am tired so I will test it better tomorrow, can't wait!

P.S. Thanks mate for this update and mostly for coming back!

My first lap times ever with this mod (haven't played VRTG for ages)
2db5w5g.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if you already realized it, but you can make AI behaviors for each track doing this:

Create a parameter in GFXGEM_TRACKS (copy one of these that already exists):
For example to Losail:
upload_2016-11-16_22-58-41.png

Save/compile GFXGEM.MIX

In VEHICLEMOTOGP.BML (DATA\VEHICLES) select the component that points to AIMOTOGP.xml and put this: /${Race.Data/TrackGfxGem/Parameter[AI]}
upload_2016-11-16_22-59-6.png

Now the game will search for the folder in that parameter created in the GFXGEM file! :D

By the way, i've tried many times do the same for tyres catalog but for some reason the developers do not made the same logic for both files :mad:

So if you find anything to make different grip for each track would be wonderful! :whistling:

Cheers!

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-16_22-51-14.png
    upload_2016-11-16_22-51-14.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 168
  • upload_2016-11-16_22-52-18.png
    upload_2016-11-16_22-52-18.png
    36 KB · Views: 180
  • upload_2016-11-16_22-54-31.png
    upload_2016-11-16_22-54-31.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 169
Massive thank you for both feedbacks.
Regarding respawn time I changed in the RC1 but after so much time I don't remember where it is :p
I would change it but I couldn't, any tip it's appreciated.

I'll have a better look on the AI, at the moment it's the priority. I hope to do well

I don't know if you already realized it, but you can make AI behaviors for each track doing this:

For example to Losail:
View attachment 160270

Save/compile GFXGEM.MIX

In VEHICLEMOTOGP.BML (DATA\VEHICLES) select the component that points to AIMOTOGP.xml and put this: /${Race.Data/TrackGfxGem/Parameter[AI]}
View attachment 160271

Now the game will search for the folder in that parameter created in the GFXGEM file! :D

By the way, i've tried many times do the same for tyres catalog but for some reason the developers do not made the same logic for both files :mad:

So if you find anything to make different grip for each track would be wonderful! :whistling:

Cheers!
You dude seem to be wise old man of modding that every now and then pops up and unveil something..first the bml editor now this...Good job.

That track-to-track behaviour would be nice with different rider speeds.
Some riders faster in some tracks than in others.
But the biggest improvement could be the tyre grip: to replicate real lap times in every track I desperate need that.. keep trying :cool:

Ttrack:Valencia
tyres:soft-soft
Distance:11 laps race
Rider:Valentino Rossi

UfZDu8R.jpg

Managed to do a 1.29.538 at the last lap
I have noticed at the end of the race the rear slides a lot and the front understeer in corner entry

This mod is great but my controller does not allow me to control my breaks so it's all or nothing... I don't have bumpers, it's just buttons and i've set my throttle to the right analog stick... And so i lowside on all corners...

This mod is great but my controller does not allow me to control my breaks so it's all or nothing... I don't have bumpers, it's just buttons and i've set my throttle to the right analog stick... And so i lowside on all corners...
I strongly suggest you to get the xbox 360 wired controller.
It costs 30€ on Amazon
I purchased it back in 2008. It still works beautifully!

For example to Losail:
View attachment 160270

Save/compile GFXGEM.MIX

View attachment 160271

Cheers!

Another improvement I should achieve is the AI gap between each bike.
It's too damn little every time: the grid won't spread in the first laps but they stay all togheter for the entire race distance.. like a moto3 race

if it´s possible to use a different skillcatalog for each track you could spread out the riders and have some realism based on the real results.
Also skillcatalog has "Favorite Tracks" set for some riders. However, i couldn´t get that to work when i was experimenting with it.

Another race at valencia at I did 1.28.9 at lap 9 and 1.28.9 at last lap (lap 11)
I almost forgot to take a screenshot of the tyres. Luckily I still had some meters to do so..
76c486cd-e34a-4319-9e15-e3d730656941

AH6fCzU.jpg

Another race at valencia at I did 1.28.9 at lap 9 and 1.28.9 at last lap (lap 11)
I almost forgot to take a screenshot of the tyres. Luckily I still had some meters to do so..
76c486cd-e34a-4319-9e15-e3d730656941

AH6fCzU.jpg
I'm appreciating your feedbacks :)
I did a 1.53.6xx in Qatar with a Factory Ducati.. I actually have to slow down these bike, the "how" is the question.. any tips?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%