Physics Fine-Tuning MOD | 2014

MGP14 Physics Fine-Tuning MOD | 2014 FINAL

Login or Register an account to download this content
I done a race in Qatar, Real difficulty and the AI run on 1:55.
But I appreciate you feedback.
I'll work immediatly on Avintia (I know whats the problem), and slowly I will tweak the AI.
But Milestone done the AI really strange, I think they worked the game only for Mugello, there the lap times and the AI seems perfect.
you are right regadring A.I. Also, what fixes the 4 second bug, is it the A.I. Riders.bml because Bradl is way too fast and Barbera too slow, etc.

thanks for the fix. Avintia works now. Have not tested the rest of the bikes yet, however, you reduced rear braking to 0 and increased front to 3000. That is also unrealistic as you need to have rear brakes, I agree they were too strong before, but 0 and 3000 does not yield realistic braking power, to many highsides now when having to brake hard approaching faster corners as there is nothing to unload the force on the rear, it is all on the front. Too much. I love the instability adjustment you made, that is very realistic in my opinion now!! You have to be careful approaching and exiting corners, nice one!

Last edited:
thanks for the fix. Avintia works now. Have not tested the rest of the bikes yet, however, you reduced rear braking to 0 and increased front to 3000. That is also unrealistic as you need to have rear brakes, I agree they were too strong before, but 0 and 3000 does not yield realistic braking power, to many highsides now when having to brake hard approaching faster corners as there is nothing to unload the force on the rear, it is all on the front. Too much. I love the instability adjustment you made, that is very realistic in my opinion now!! You have to be careful approaching and exiting corners, nice one!

Hi rkh, I put 3000 and 0 for the brakes because when you braking hard the rear wheel looses grip and generally the bikers brake only with the front tyre.
But you are right: could be nice a great balance.
This version 2.0 it's much more a beta because I reworked from zero the physic to avoide hard braking during changing of direction (try now the first sector of Silvertone: it's much more realistic and smooth now).
I will work on tuning and small adjustments. Stay tuned!

Hi rkh, I put 3000 and 0 for the brakes because when you braking hard the rear wheel looses grip and generally the bikers brake only with the front tyre.
But you are right: could be nice a great balance.
This version 2.0 it's much more a beta because I reworked from zero the physic to avoide hard braking during changing of direction (try now the first sector of Silvertone: it's much more realistic and smooth now).
I will work on tuning and small adjustments. Stay tuned!
Sounds good! You are right, mostly the front brakes, but the rear brakes need to be at least somewhat accessible, even in real life they use the rear brake on long straights such as Mugello and Qatar. I am testing with 2170 front and 1000 rear right now...Combined with your instability physics it is really coming together now. Totally understand what you are saying though, because we need less grip when braking hard. I agree. I am ready to test your new version whenever you need.

Hi,
I ride motorcycle myself. And I'm told you brake 20% with rear and 80% front tyre.

Question
Is it possible to combine the 'Giovaneveterano data.mix (for other tracks)' and the 'rkh content.mix'.

Hi,
I ride motorcycle myself. And I'm told you brake 20% with rear and 80% front tyre.

Question
Is it possible to combine the 'Giovaneveterano data.mix (for other tracks)' and the 'rkh content.mix'.

Yeah you are right: 20% on the rear. But this is a stupid game, so to make the bike feels alive I have to put the rear brake force to 0! Even with 90% and 10% became too easy to brake.
And yes, It's possible to mix the mods, I'm ok, just ask to rkh :)

Hi friends.

I'm in moto2 with MarcVDS team. I'm running in Austin with the DATA file for that circuit and I'm going to the ground in every corner... And when I accelerate when I go out of a corner the bike rises from the front wheel, similar like when I run a motogp bike, but very exaggerated in comparison

Seems to be a problem with the physics...

Giovaneveterano updated Physic MOD + "4 seconds" bug fix with a new update entry:

Real lap times + improvements for physic and AI

2.1:
  • Pole lap times and fastest lap of the race match almost perfectly with real life for all 3 classes
  • Less understeer in motoGP bikes
  • motogp&moto2 database + a special database for moto3 for fix the 4 seconds bug
  • Final tuning to the braking point for moto3 bikes
  • Solved some bugs on motogp bike that doesn't brake at all
  • AI improvement during race: braking point, smarter overtaking
And, as usual, a big hug to all you guys of the forum!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: rkh
wow, sounds like you took care of things!! but what about the Moto2 and Moto3 bike performances? They can only be altered in the content.mix...whatever bike performance you change in regular data.mix for Moto2 and Moto3 will not be reflected...this goes for AGR, Saxo print and ongetta etc not all teams.

Last edited:
This is by far the best A.I. mod you have made so far! Lap times virtually perfect, team performances from my CONTENT.MIX seem to work with your DATA.MIX no problem. I really like it, except I do think having no rear brake is too big of a sacrifice. We should get some braking power there, because especially cornering is a tad too unforgiving. Love seeing lowsiders, but this feels a bit too much especially for "weaker bikes", the lowside rate is quite high. However, I am fully aware that there is a new learning curve now involved as well and after only 30 min of testing I did not expect to have gotten used to this new braking approach etc. I am about 1.2 secs off the lead with a bike that should be within 0.3 secs. So, clearly it is me learning your mod.

I really appreciate your work, and if you would not want to change a thing I would understand, it is a darn good mode. I have yet to try Moto3, but I will report back for that. MotoGP and Moto2 are nearly as good as it gets, if we could just find a little bit of braking in the rear. Also, I think in my mod when using your instability angles the bike is still quite "alive" although it still has rear braking power. So, I think it is possible to find a compromise :)

I know that the lack of the rear brake is not a realistic thing, but I tried different tweaks with front/rear and only the rear=0 makes the bike much more alive.
Even with 2800front and 200rear it became so easy to brake in every corner.
I understand you, mate, and I want to find a solution.
Try yourself a different configuration on the rear brake and tell me.
I prefer realism over all!

I know that the lack of the rear brake is not a realistic thing, but I tried different tweaks with front/rear and only the rear=0 makes the bike much more alive.
Even with 2800front and 200rear it became so easy to brake in every corner.
I understand you, mate, and I want to find a solution.
Try yourself a different configuration on the rear brake and tell me.
I prefer realism over all!
Like I said, it's a great Mod!! It is so close to perfection now. I just tried a tweak and the bike still feels alive, not quite as when it is 3000 to 0, but still...I will report back about Moto3 as well. Have not had a chance to try yet. But I am happy to see the real riders performances just like in my mod. Well done!

Also, don't you think your instability adjustment helps out? It really does for me, trying 2850 and 150 right now for brakes and I still have to be very careful. I am for realism too, but what I think the issue now is this: When you miss the braking point, you are now bound to fall, while in real life you could apply the rear brakes to at least keep the bike upright and make a wider turn or hit the grass if necessary and then consequently drop back some positions. Right now, seems when you miss the braking point you fall no matter what...of course, adjusting the setup will undoubtedly affect behavior too. And most likely the standard suggestion the race engineer comes up with for each track needs to be tweaked right away as the physics are no longer in their original state. I had no time to check that, but I would not be surprised if setup tweaks play a bigger role with this Mod which would also be realistic.

Last edited:
Not sure why I can't leave a review for your Mod, but it won't let me do it. Anyways, would be nice if Administrator could work this out, I really want to rate Giovaneveterano's Mod. It is an AMAZING MOD!!

Giovaneveterano updated Physic MOD + "4 seconds" bug fix with a new update entry:

One more step to reality..

Sorry for so often updates. Now version 2.x is almost perfect. I'll fix some bugs and small corrections but I will not release another major update in the next month.
Have fun and thanks for the feedbacks as usual.

2.2:
  • Updated lap times for the others 3 difficulties
  • Smooth lean
  • Another small adjustment on motogp and moto2 bikes
  • Tiny changes on AI lap times on Real difficulty

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello Giovaneveterano,
first, I'm french so excuse my english ^^
I've just try your lastest update and the job you've done is amazing. What a pleasure to pilot a bike with this mod ! (with pro/hard settings)
Just a feedback from somebody who's playing with the Microsoft joystick: it's almost impossible, for me, to perform with the acceleration setting parametred on a button (A) AND without the traction control. Too many slips on the rear wheel ! (I use the sears for gearbox)
On Losail track, I'm able to finish 8 at the qualifying session, not better (HP40 team, one seconde behind Rabat)
The brakes are perfect for me !
Anyway, thank a lot.

I haven't tried this one yet, but have a question about the rearbrake.. Can you use it to 'slide' into corners, like it were poorly implemented in MotoGP 13.
Watching Marc Márquez in the real races he really skids around, in the insane way Haga did in superbikes, back in the days

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back