1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

photos and videos

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Bez, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

Any chance we can have info showing on the media? at the moment only way you can find out what each pic/vid is, is by hovering and waiting for info to pop up, makes the process kinda clunky.

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

What kind of browser are you using as I don't have to wait for info to pop up with Google Chrome. Appears instantly after hover over an image.

3. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

chrome, on an 80mb wired connection and id say on average i have to hover for about 1 second before the info shows, its not so much the waiting its more the functionality of the media library without a quick visual indication what each piece of media actualy is.

4. Bram

Bram

Can't reproduce that @Marc Beswick. All works fine here with every new browser. It shows a image representing each video or photo and on the hover instantly the amount of views and likes display.

5. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

yes that also shows for me instantly, unfortunately likes and views isnt the info im looking for (said in obi wan kanobi voice) its the actual info that tells me what the video is, as at the moment all you are presented with is a wall of cockpits and roads etc, i wanna know what the media actually is.

6. Bram

Bram

That info isn't available. Its only in the description of each video or photo.

7. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

pleased to see the media info return to the gallery, much more usable now.

edit: just noticed some strangeness in the media gallery, pages with no images or a couple per page. is this a side effect of non premium members not being able to use the gallery?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  8. Bram

Bram

Must be a browser issue i think as they show up perfectly here in IE, Chrome, Firefox. Try a hardrefresh please?

9. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

just tried it on my linux machine (also using chrome) and im getting the same problem, 1st page of gsce gallery has only 2 pics and then its a mixture of none or a handful on each page. Ill install a second browser on linux and make sure its not a chrome issue

10. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

getting the same problem with firefox in linux, looks like its site related

[​IMG]

11. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

seems to be fixed again

12. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

weve lost the media info underneath again :cry:

13. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

Is there no chance we can get the info back under the media? since switching to an iPad for much of my browsing I've now lost the ability to hover my mouse over the wall of infoless media and see what each video shows, used to love perusing the media library on here when I first signed up but this never ending wall of nameless/infoless images is a tad un-user-friendly.

14. Bram

Bram

Can't reproduce it Bez :(

15. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

Videos & photos - select your game of choice - what I'm presented with on every device is a wall of photos and videos, this used to have a small description under each item, this made the media library useable, without it it's more a game of chance that you get to watch something your interested in...unless I'm missing a setting to turn this info on/off?

16. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

:thumbsup:

17. All video's since a day or so ago show up like below rather than showing the thumbnail. How to post a video for it to show correctly?

upload_2015-5-9_14-23-56.png

18. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

YouTube have changed their system so all plugins and device software needs to be updated, kodi media centre was getting the same error video before they updated the YouTube add-on, I know kodi required 2 permissions granted after this update rather than just 1 before.

• Beer Beer x 1
  19. Matt

Matt
    Premium Member

I'm getting this when I attempt to add a youtube vid just now
    Untitled1.png

20. Bram

Bram

Its a bug that the developer currently can't reproduce. When he can and has a fix it will be updated on the fly :)