1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracks Phillip Island (V8 Supercars) 2.11

Phillip Island for GSCEx

1. Patrick Giranthon submitted a new resource:

Phillip Island - Phillip Island for GSCEx

Read more about this resource...
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Thanks Patrick, another stunner from you.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Patrick thanks very much for another superb job. Any chance of you updating Clipsal 500 (Adelaide) to 2013/2014 specs please. The only version I can find is 2011 Adelaide.
  4. I have the track, 2011 version too. I don't have permissions, will try to get them. Putting reiza shaders does wrong things because of the track modelling, needs a rework on some shapes.
  5. Good lord! I downloaded this tracks months ago and I guess I never drove on it until this evening. This is by far one of my most favorite tracks ever for this sim! Incredible job Patrick! It flows soooo good and the V8 supercars just completely gel with this track! Once I did my first lap I was thinking " Hmm? , I guess I haven't driven this one yet? " , by the 2nd lap I knew I had come across a hidden gem. By lap 3 I was addicted to it! I just spent about 1.5hrs on it and have the AI cranked up to 115% in the OSRM mod V8's.......OMG what a blast! Thank you so much for this superb track Patrick! Awesome doesn't even describe it!
  6. Thank you Jeff. I plan to add grass to this one ;)
  7. That's cool Patrick! The track itself is perfect! Thank you so much for all your work on these tracks. I also am on the same page as you with the crowd funding. I've done the $100.00 one and will do another $100.00 here in the next week or so. Want to help keep this sim alive.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Patrick Giranthon updated Phillip Island (V8 Supercars) with a new update entry:

Some updates

Read the rest of this update entry...
    • Like Like x 2
  9. One lap with Jorge ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 2
  10. Awesome!!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. tpw

Great great conversion of a great track.

One thing I've noticed is the rows of identical trees around the outside of the track. One of those things where once you see it, you can't stop noticing. It's probably not something that you can change, but I brought it to your attention just in case.

Thanks for your continuing hard work for this great game.
  12. I plan to change trees ;-)
  13. tpw

You're the man!
  14. Yeeeesssss. Barbagalo2013 too Patrick. Thanks for all your hard job.
  15. Barbagalo has real 3D trees. Not sure to have same 2D trees to imitate them.
  16. Barbagalo tree types are some of the best looking trees I've seen in the game.
    Really enhance the visual quality of that track imo.
  17. Hello Patrick, can even be tree 3d, but are very ugly. This is my opinion, writh? Don't need the same trees, but they are more beautiful and real. But what you'll do, are great.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I respect your opinion. But if for you Barbagalo trees types are some of the best looking trees I've seen in the game, sorry, I can not agree.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It's 2d trees, but more real and beautful. Repeat, this is my opinion.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  18. tpw

Actually the Barbagallo 3D trees do look very much like Eucalyptus, which enhances the Australian feel of the track. The Road America trees look great but they are not the kind of trees growing in Western Australia.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. http://3dxy.us/3d-model/tree/
    There are several beautiful models trees 3d free on this site, including eucalyptus. I do not know if they are compatible with GSCE, but I hope so.