F1 2013 Phantom car glitch

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I just need clarification on this.does the phantom car glitch mainly happen to people with bad connections or is it just no matter how good your connection is, everyone has as much chance of being a phantom car or coming across a phantom car as everyone else, if it's the first one, does an Ethernet cable reduce the risk of phantom cars?

Yes, poor connections can create problems where car positions are not updated accurately or often enough.

Also no matter how many people tell me that they play OK across a WiFi connection, I would never use one for any multiplayer game that relies on fast reliable position updates, i.e first person shooters and racing games.

:)

Last edited:
I've had many races where there was no problem. But I've also had races where there shouldn't be an issue (only 4 drivers in the lobby) but the ghost car runs rampant. IT seems to have no rhyme or reason. However, the best thing to do to try to avoid it is eliminate the variables that you can control. Use a cable instead of wifi. Make sure no one else in your household is using the internet for streaming or downloading. Reset your router before starting or joining a lobby. Make sure your NAT is open.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back