Pet hates in motorsport commentary

Is anyone else annoyed every time David Croft (Sky F1) says 'Sebastien Fettle' ?

And er, the way er, Ted er, stammers and stutters er, through every er, sentence when he's giving pit updates.

Or when Keith Huewen (BTSports MotoGP), says 'He's got a good Injun'.

Crofty, I don't care how you think the German's pronounce it, we are English and it's V ETTEL !!!!

And Keith H, (cowboys and) injuns are what you played when you were six. Grow up, its an ENGINE !!!!!

:)

There should be a new regulation - 'The only person allowed to make mistakes in commentary is the great Murray Walker'.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest lol.

Im more amused bout the pronunciation of Vettel and Schumacher in england... Its more Shoemakker :DD
I mean we in germany are pronouncing the gnlish drivers how they are pronounced in their contry... Or at least we try :p

---

In germany the whole RTL team is annyoing and Sasha Roos, whos commentating for Sky.... Hell no.... And the Sport 1 guy is horrible..... If i think about it the only good commentator is Jacques Schulz in germany...

I only pay attention when DC on the BBC says "murrurs" instead of "mirrors" :D

The norm is to pronounce it as the person themselves and their family would pronounce it. You can't pronounce it wrong just because your language is different.:roflmao:

I only pay attention when DC on the BBC says "murrurs" instead of "mirrors" :D
Didn't notice THAT, but I'm somehow annoyed by Davidson's type of accent, that involves replacing the letter "L" at the end of a word with... "U"? Like "downhiu" or "throttou"... It's "LLLLLLLLLLL", for crying out loud!! Learn how to speu!!

P.S. Yeah, I know, funny - a Pole correcting a Brit's pronunciation. But some of you people make SO many mistakes, that it hurts even me! Seriously - what the hell is "should/would of" supposed to mean? :devilish:

My commentary pet hate is BBC sacking Gary Anderson, incredibly knowledgeable guy who designed a race winning (Jordan) F1 car from scratch and employ a girl of a certain age who given looks good in jeans for her age but charm and good looks don't outweigh knowledge and Gary's great ability to make the complex seem simple in 30 sec.
So now we just have a drivers perspective X 2 (DC and Alan McNish who is a legend btw) and talking heads (generic presenters) We miss you Gary.

Next thing they will start saying "giving 110%". But prob not DC he is good with stuff like that always particular.

But if they do start saying "giving 110%" I will be very cross as % means out of 100. So the only exception is in a military jet when you can with afterburners use 125% of normal dry thrust.
In all other cases you can only give 100%
Thanks

The norm is to pronounce it as the person themselves and their family would pronounce it. You can't pronounce it wrong just because your language is different.:roflmao:

Yes I agree, in my defence I didn't really make myself very clear. What I was trying to say is, if Crofty is going to pronounce it correctly, i.e. as the Germans do, then he should actually do it properly, not just stick an F on the start of the name. It just doesn't seem right when he does this without any German pronunciation. It should surely be Fettel, and not Fettle, which sounds more like he's talking about a horse, but I'm sure I will be corrected again if I'm wrong lol :)

Next thing they will start saying "giving 110%". But prob not DC he is good with stuff like that always particular.

But if they do start saying "giving 110%" I will be very cross as % means out of 100. So the only exception is in a military jet when you can with afterburners use 125% of normal dry thrust.
In all other cases you can only give 100%
Thanks

According to Montezemelo today, Alonso always gives 200%

All these 110% guys need to pull their fingers out! :D

Wil Buxton is an annoying little thumb tack that needs to be stuck in the ground. Much to eager.

Who was that female interviewer that basically would say "just tell us what happened" to every driver after he'd shunted out of the race.

Listen out for this phrase from crofty, brundle and all(as much as I like them ) ..."and he gets the job done" following an overtake. Once that is in ur head....it will irritate u no end...EVERY SINGLE RACE multiple times .

Wil Buxton is an annoying little thumb tack that needs to be stuck in the ground. Much to eager.

Who was that female interviewer that basically would say "just tell us what happened" to every driver after he'd shunted out of the race.
Well I will differ with you on that one.
Lee Mackenzie in my view should anchor the program and probably would if she was a size 8.
read on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_McKenzie

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%